Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts
In the meeting room: Cato Sanctus

Revered Father Cato Sanctus ajusted his position for the fourth time in as many minutes, the high back wooden chair was uncomfotable and devoid oven even a cusion.
"Surely the Cardianal would understand the needs of an old man such as myself" he muttered to himself.

Cato's left hand twitched, the augmentic fingers could often move of their own accord. Cato opened and closed his hand, streching what muscle was left and re-calibrating the bionic replacements. with every contraction, a faint whir of the motors would sound out, peircing through the silence.

Cato stopped and glared around the room.
"I've known Feral Worlders who have been able to maintain a better conversation than this" he said quietly (or so he hoped), and he went back to fiddling with his replacment fingers.

· Registered
431 Posts
Cato was still wating for his heart rate to return to normal after the assissins balde was dislloged from his chair; when he heard the heated discussion between Sister Kay and Nahum.

I am forbidden to lay a hand on you unless provoked. But I have killed men and women for lesser insults. hissed the Assassin.

Surely just a show of force. He wouldnt dare touch a servant of the Emperor in this company. thought the Priest.

Cato then heard Mistress Elvira utter, frankly the most useful information he had heard all day. Remember hatred is the Emperor greatest gift to humanity; do not waste a gift by using it to fight an ally.

Cato, sensing a moment of opertunity rose and walked to the middle of the room. He acticvated the hololithic plate in his forearm and opened one of the many holo-files stored within. He rose his right arm in order to invoke silence upon the room. Cato Sanctus then began, in his commanding if frail voice to quote Imperial Scripture.

"Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons. Smite the alien. Cast out the mutant. Abhore the wytch.
One is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out. The words of the faithful are the mountains. But the deeds of the faithful are the world.

Cato hoped that the members of the room would simply listen to his words and learn to co-exist in the service of the Emperor.

He spoke the word of the Emperor. He preached his teachings. He awaited the calm of the room to be restored. He hoped for prayers of repentance to follow.\

He could olny hope.

· Registered
431 Posts
Cato was about to switch to another of his many psalms and litinies when he heard Alban amplified voice: Sisters, Brethren. If you would like to come in, we can begin.

He did not know whether to obey or continue his preaching, as the room was still filled with the tension of hatred. He looked to see Sister Kay laughing hystericly, doubled over. He was unsure why she was in such a state, as she had been in a heated argument with the assassin earlier.

Perhaps it was something I said the elderly man uttered. He shrugged his shoulders and headed back to his seat to grab his staff.
He then walked towards the meeting room, stopping near Sister Kay, who was grining ear to ear and letting out the occasional laugh.

Are you touched by maddness Sister? asked Cato Sanctus, who was sincerly worried for his comrade. Do you require the Word of The Emperor to heal you sickly mind? Cato was too engrossed in his sermon to see the real reason behind Kay's outburst of laughter.
If you require anything Sister Kay, I shall be in the meeting room.
And with that, Cato Sanctus limped into the meeting room and found a nice comfotable chair in the back row of the circular room.

Ahhhh. he sighed in releif after sitting on the padded cushion. Finnaly. Someone appreciates the needs of an old man such as myself.
He smiled and rested in comfort, awaitng his orders.

· Registered
431 Posts
Cato Sanctus pondered deeply about the issue at hand.

Kay said something to spark a thought in the Preists mindThus these shuttles are a priority, especially if we can use them in conjunction with a definite time for the crime

Cato rose. It may be important to seek the shuttle records, in order to determine the passanger logs during the time of the corrupt files.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.