Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play Nurgle/Khorne CSM and I love them...... I have all the units I need for right now and am still working out the kinks in my tactics versus my friend who plays an Ork army...

But I need something new to look at. I don't want to take up Orks (yet) since he happens to play Slaneesh CSM and Orks and I don't idolize him that much.

So any ideas of an army that might be suitable for a noob. I'm decent at painting, have decent patience for gluing things together.

Before you ask, I don't know what I want my new army to do in regards to being a shooty army or a melee army.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Maybe tyranids, despite some of the massively overpowered characters of the new codex they are still a good balanced army. They also happen to be one of the most devastatingly powerful melee armies in the game. Not as good as orks of course but this is where the Tyrannofex comes in handy, mmm... assault 20 gun.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I would go with wolves, fairly good at everything.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Excuse me for kind of hijacking the thread :/

(and Orks aren't good at cc due to Mob Rule and a severe reliance on FC + PK Nobz).
I don't get it, how does the mob rule make orks bad in CC? Thought it just meant they hung around longer without having to take Ld. tests

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Ah, thats fair enough then. and btw, Nurgle khorne is the core of the Dual lash/obliterator list ;)

but no worries.

Well. If you've been playing CSMs, then a good change would be either Eldar or Tau. Both require a completely different way of play.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ah, thats fair enough then. and btw, Nurgle khorne is the core of the Dual lash/obliterator list ;)

but no worries.

Well. If you've been playing CSMs, then a good change would be either Eldar or Tau. Both require a completely different way of play.
I will have to look into that the dual lash/obliterator list...

Funny you suggest Tau.... although I said I would prefer a CC, I do like the Tau models. I know I will get flamed on this, but the first thing I thought of when I first saw Tau was the Droid Federation..... I know... I know...

I haven't looked at Eldar quite as much since I'm not THAT great of a painter. Still learning and mastering a few of the basics.

Do Eldar and Tau both play heavily shooty types of armies?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I second Orochi,

They havent been upgraded in years and are absolutely no fun to play with or against.

I myself had an army of them (due because they looked cool) and found it to be an absolutely horrible investment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I second Orochi,

They havent been upgraded in years and are absolutely no fun to play with or against.

I myself had an army of them (due because they looked cool) and found it to be an absolutely horrible investment.
Well... daggumit.... I love the models. I was about to place an order on ebay/GW......... OOOOH WELL. : )

I think I just need a very forgiving (tactics wise) army that is fun to model/paint....... Again, I keep going back to Orks... All my friend relies on is getting his Orks in CC and then rolling literally 60ish dice.... sigh.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts