Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to search, which has served me splendidly so far, came up dry on these three questions.
1. What happens to Plasma-wielding Veterans when they fire from a Chimera? Are Medi-packs in a Chimera worth it?
2. Can troops in a stationary Chimera be issued any orders?
3. What weapons can be fired by the models inside the Chimera (stationary or otherwise)? HWTs? Grenade Launchers?

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for a quick response!
Regarding #3, is it five men or models? Because a HWT is actually two men, but a single model which takes two slots in a transport. If a HWT can fire when the Chimera is stationary that would make it awesome, and if it could fire with four others instead of three, that would make it that much more awesome.

·
Super Moderator
5,719 Posts
1. Yes. There is no bearing on the actual models with the Mdi-pack anymore, it just gives the unit FNP which works in a Chimera. My Korsk platoon command uses it all the time! :victory:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Tried to search, which has served me splendidly so far, came up dry on these three questions.
1. What happens to Plasma-wielding Veterans when they fire from a Chimera? Are Medi-packs in a Chimera worth it?
2. Can troops in a stationary Chimera be issued any orders?
3. What weapons can be fired by the models inside the Chimera (stationary or otherwise)? HWTs? Grenade Launchers?
1. They suffer gets hot wounds on to-hit rolls of a '1', and takes saves as normal. Medipacks are only in command squads. What happens if they take 25% casualties and fail morale? Unknown. Game breaks.
2. No. Orders can be issued FROM a chimera. Nothing says orders can be received IN a chimera.
3. If the chimera moves OVER 6", NO passengers may fire.
If it moves 1-6" then rapid fire and assault weapons may fire (up to 5)
If it doesn't move, then heavy weapons may be fired as well (up to 5)

HWTs are a single model with two wounds in the current codex. They may be represented by two guys, but they can only fire one weapon.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So an up-armored dozer HB HKM Chimera with a Veteran squad of three Meltas and a Lascannon is a good tank hunter then?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I realize that now, but I was thinking of leaving it there for stationary firepower. Chimera moves, two lasguns and three meltas fire. Chimera doesn't move, lascannon and three meltas fire.
But I doubt that would be cost effective...

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts