Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both Khorne and Slaanesh have had their eyes on me for a while now, and I very much like both of them. However, I want to choose a single one to base my army around at the moment. I'll probably be giving my CSM a break whenever the new DE 'dex comes out, so I want to get this army done first and focus on a single patron for now. I love Zerkers and how hard they hit in combat, but Slaanesh incites me to go the Noise Marine route, loading up on Doom Sirens, Lash Princes and bright, eye-catching paint schemes. It's a very hard decision, as Khorne offers a bloody, yet fun playstyle and Slaanesh promises a vibrant-looking and elegant army.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Khorne is waaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaay overdone, and do you really want to get thrown in with the zerkertrash players? Slaanesh FTW

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
bezerkers. in a way the peoople that play them are just like bezerkers. they are mindless they play by throwing all their troops forward to get killed just like bezerkers fluff wise. and get this they both shout blood for the blood god way too much. i play Noise marines my oppinion i would rape a khorne player because lets face it lash daemon prince and doom sirens are to bad combos for zerkers. i have played and tabled khorne players simply because bezerkers suck on foot and the easiest way to pop rhinos is spam lascannons and take 5 man noise marines in rhinos with a blast master and a doom siren with a power sword. i go first after i gaurantee killed 3/4 of the bezerkers squad and assualt with I5 with a power weapon. so i would go with noise marines. but thats my oppinion if you like to shout blood for the blood god by all means go ahead.

·
Registered
644 Posts
It boils down to your play style really. Both Gods have a fantastic back story and great units are your disposal. Do you want dakka or do you want chainswords loping off heads?

For me, I sold my mortal soul to Slaanesh because of the paint scheme and the Noise Marine's shootiness.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Exactly what stonesledge said. Berzerkers are a tactless army. Way way to easymode. Slaanesh is harder to play assuming you dont just lash spam, I like squads of marines with sonic blasters, they have an unholy amount of firepower.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Khorne is waaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaay overdone, and do you really want to get thrown in with the zerkertrash players? Slaanesh FTW
For your lack of respect, your skull shall be the first harvested in the name of KHORNE!

Khorne is a very straight forward and simple design, "there is the enemy, kill them with an axe." Yes you can get shooty with oblit's, havoc's, defilers and the like, but the main troop is going to be a zerker with a chainaxe and a bolt pistol and Kharn as your HQ. I run it, I like it. But, I like to keep things simple and straight forward.

Slaanesh is a shooty army with those blastmasters and such, that can also kick some I5 ass in an assault. Lash princes are everywhere too, sometimes more so than a true Khorne/zerker army.

Both are fun in their own right but as much as I hate to say it, Slaanesh are more versatile than a pure zerker/khorne army, not better by any means, just more flexible tactically.

·
Registered
353 Posts
For your lack of respect, your skull shall be the first harvested in the name of KHORNE!

Khorne is a very straight forward and simple design, "there is the enemy, kill them with an axe." Yes you can get shooty with oblit's, havoc's, defilers and the like, but the main troop is going to be a zerker with a chainaxe and a bolt pistol and Kharn as your HQ. I run it, I like it. But, I like to keep things simple and straight forward.

Slaanesh is a shooty army with those blastmasters and such, that can also kick some I5 ass in an assault. Lash princes are everywhere too, sometimes more so than a true Khorne/zerker army.

Both are fun in their own right but as much as I hate to say it, Slaanesh are more versatile than a pure zerker/khorne army, not better by any means, just more flexible tactically.

Meant no disrespect :p Khorne was my first army, but as you said, a true khorne army is so simple and straightforward. Slaanesh gives flexibility even with just the noise marine squad.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I could be bias, but I'll have to say Khorne. I do use noise marines aswell because of their versitility.

Just like 5tonsledge said, the people who play bezerkers are just like bezerkers, we're hot headed and love to tear shit apart. Even though they are simple to use, they are hard to master, as soon as someone figures out that inside that rhino is a squad of bezerkers coming towards them, they will do almost anything to stop them. So bezerkers will always have a big red X on their chest so a full khorne army is a little harder to play than the lash, zerks, plague marine and oblit spamming you see.

All I can say is go with what feels right

·
Registered
125 Posts
i 2nd that Slaanesh! :victory:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Are you a lover (slannesh) or a fighter (khorne)?

If you want to win go with slaanesh- lash is the real trump card here. Otherwise Khorne for cool points. The notion that they are a brain dead army says a lot about those making the suggestion- there is very little stopping them being highly tricksey.

If I was doing it i'd go Khorne.

·
Registered
323 Posts
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GAWD!!!!!!!!!!!!
seriously khorne ftw :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Go with Khorne; I mean you could run yet another Lash army, i'm sure you wont get tired of the people across the table from you rolling their eyes and getting bored with the game rather quickly.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm a fan of Slaanesh, see too many Khorne armies. Then again if I was you I'd walk into the open arms of grandfather nurgle. He treats you well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I played with a lash prince for the first time just last night and it is very powerful. Like everyone else said though, you're not going to make many friends with it. Double lash armies at my local store usually don't play the same opponent twice. I don't like to play them, but I will.

Khorne is easy in theory, in that you march up the field and get into cc with your zerkers. It is also an art form that you can master over time. Rhino's hiding behind cover on the way up the field, learning when to move and when to stay put, and forcing your opponent to make tough decisions as to what to shoot at and what to take your chances with. Target priority is a huge part of Khornate strategy. Furious charge is worthless if you get charged and even worse if you get charged by an opposing FC unit.

There are tactics to playing for the blood god, but once you do get into CC, and you were the one doing the charging, then and only then are you free to shout.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I played with a lash prince for the first time just last night and it is very powerful. Like everyone else said though, you're not going to make many friends with it. Double lash armies at my local store usually don't play the same opponent twice.
I tend to only roll with Dual Lash in tournament play.

Have you decided yet? THE GODS MUST KNOW.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts