Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've been quite curious recently as per the Imperial Dating system in relation to age.

There's 1,000 days per Imperial year, but, my question is: Would birth dates and thus age be calculated by the planet's own calendar, or the Imperial calendar?

For example, if I was born on ABC, which had a solar year of 200 Imperial days. Now, lets say I was born on day 50 of my planet's yearly calendar, and thus day 650 of the Imperial calendar.

Would my birth date then be every 200 Imperial days, or, on day 650 of every Imperial year? Would this then mean I age 5 "years" per Imperial year (if my birthday remains as per my homeworld calendar). This question has been plaguing me for quite some time, and it would make understanding people's ages vastly different. If you lived to be 85 in the Imperial calendar, then that would be equivalent to 2.7 times a normal Earth/Terra year (that'd make them 229 years old, by our standards).

I've searched tirelessly for this answer, so, if anyone has any ideas or theory's I would be deeply grateful.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It's not 1000 days per say, just 1000 parts of a year (Terra year, that is).

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
... I love you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts