Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an Imperial guard player, I like my tanks. However, I dislike them being just straight out of the kit, run of the mill bareboned hulls. Anyone got any suggestions for stowage and generally making them stand out from the pack?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
One thing that can allways be done with gaurd tanks is adding as you said storage for weapons and other items. As you proably have seen many tanks on the net have camo netting (can be done with fine mesh netting and fishtank plants), along with ammo, spare lasguns, tank treads and things like leather bags or sand bags. If your going for a more chaotic look you can always include things like bodies or limbs trapped between treads and more stuff like that, mightn't work so well with run of the mill, gaurd as it does with orks but maybe for something different.

Actually something else battle damage is always a good thing on minitures, if your looking for more individuallity you could do things like bending up tread gaurds or pulling off lights, so more than simple bullet holes.

Thats all i got.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Glue a bunch of traitor IG to the front of the tank and splatter blood all over the place.
Camo netting is always a favorite of mine. Easy to do and can look fantastic. Far as adding stowage, that's easy. Basically use some plasticard or go to a place like lowes/home depot and they have square/rectangle plastic that you can get that are about 2 feet long. Simple to cut them to shape and it's an instant stowage box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts