Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am trying to put a Daemonhunters army together. For this I need some Imperial stormtroopers. I was looking at the models but atually don't like them. Instead I did like the other Stormtroopers miniatures that are the "Cadian Kasrkin" models. I was looking at their stats and are exactly the same as the originals stormtroopers. So my question is this. Is it mandatory to use the original stormtroopers minis or can I use the Kasrkin minis instead since I like them better? I would really apreciate any help.

Cheers!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe they are the same for the purpouses of gaming, so yes you could use them. And i've got to agree with you, the karskins are much nicer looking models

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
You can use what ever you like. All the storm troopers in my DH force are kasrkin, I still rate them as some of the nicest models GW ever produced.

DH in general have some of the nicest models, like the GKs, GKTs & Inq, but take alot of practice to use well

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I have 60 IST's, guess what they are...Kasrkins. They perfectly represent IST's, and I like them more than the ST minis as well.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great! I was seconds away of ordering some boring ST, but I decided to take a look arround and found the Kasrkins. They look really cool (appart from the fact that you can purchase a full 10 men squad in one go, not so the ST where you have to buy like three boxes to fill the lot).

Thank you guys, the Kasrkins are on the way!:victory:

Oh and one more thing, is it necessary to have some Plasma or Meltaguns in the Kasrkin squad or should I settle for the grenade launcher and flamer only? FWIW I have 2, 8 men strong, GK squads with Psycannons and Flamers. Any thoughts?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts