Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was originally going to include two six man special weapon sqauds in my gt army with three sniper rifles apeice however i realise its cheaper points wise to have one ten man ratling squad, my question is this:- is this a good idea or are ratlings crap? plus i intend to use converted ig snipers instead of ratling models as the minis look comical and thats not really the effect i'm going for, do you think that many people will get snaggy with the wysiwyg rules in regards of not using the correct models?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Now why on earth would that be?

Yes they are worth it, cheaper and with a better BS skill, plus being pinned in my mind is better than gapping it off the board.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Yeah they're 0-1 because lets see.. when i had a tumble with IG 2k point match the ratlings took out both DP and bloodthirster :x used right, those buggers hurt :cry:

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Nice rules but I have always hated the minis,(as have Most of my mates).

We use the human sniper models for ratlings but have made a loose bit of fluff to cover it.
eg Whitesheilds / Conscripts that show promise with thier shooting are removed from conscript squads and are formed into Sniper training groups/squads to hone their skills before going out as proper snipers.
Being young teenagers sort of explains the lower stats and you get to use the much better minis.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thats settled my mind then but i'm still worried i'll get to the gt and someone will turn around and say its not legal coz the models aren't the correct ones

·
Registered
372 Posts
How much are Halfling models? You may find it cheaper to get some Halflings and convert them than to buy proper Ratlings. Even at a GT you should be okay, as long as they're little guys with rifles, as they're still GW models.

Edit: But not Hobbits, apparently. :wink:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Buying the Ratling models are the way to go, they are cheapest unit to buy out all of all the games systems. 18 NZ dollars for 5. I'm not that fussed about them so I was thinking about adding a unit of them to my army and using them as standard IG but then decided not to for various reasons.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts