Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would document my progress on my imperial raven chapter, I started off with an assault squad and thought I would use that to make a raven guard successor chapter.

Here is what I've done so far...

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't know why it's upside down...

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another pic...

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will add more pictures if people want to see more or I can figure how to add multiple images...

Last image is my custom librarian, it's still a work in progress

Attachments

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
These are looking really nice mate - great scheme & i like your basing.

I would try hosting your pictures externally (i use picasa personally) so you can post multiple, bigger pictures. Adding some fluff about your chapter and a bit more commentary on what you're doing would also make your log more interesting to read. The models look great so i'd definitely like to know a bit more about them :)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Your chapter's mastered aerial assault so much they've gained the ability to defy gravity! :) An excellent start! I can't wait to see more!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Excellent looking work so far :so_happy:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
These are looking really nice mate - great scheme & i like your basing.

I would try hosting your pictures externally (i use picasa personally) so you can post multiple, bigger pictures. Adding some fluff about your chapter and a bit more commentary on what you're doing would also make your log more interesting to read. The models look great so i'd definitely like to know a bit more about them :)
Sorry for the lack of detail was in a bit of a rush and wanted to get my progress online ASAP for some critique…

Ok a bit for fat to get your teeth into:

I originally saw a white and black scheme on Google images by complete fluke (I think I was googling something for work) and thought, wow I need to paint an army like! Days after seeing that scheme the new SM Codex came out, after reading it I thought Raven guard were the army for me but I wanted to use this white and black scheme I saw online, thus creating the Imperial Ravens.

I started with a 5 man assault squad but got a bit carried away and got 2 more units and converted them using 3rd party heads as well as some bitz from the raven wing set and vanguard set, I will ad some more pictures soon.

At the moment I am working on my Chapter Librarian, I’ve used a combination of Ravenwing, Sternguard and Grey Knight bitz to make him, I feel it’s come on well (picture above)

As well as working on my Libby I am also building a 6 man assault squad but for a bit of fun I’ve decided to remove their helmets and give them the Sternguard fleshy heads. I may decide to un-masked/helmet my whole army and put a background fluff behind it, I’m still debating it.

I have ordered some 3rd party bitz to make my Chapter master, but I don’t want to give too much away yet 

As for a bit of Fluff I was thinking of the following background story…

They were the first batch of Raven Guard Marines after the Gene seed tampered with. This caused them to mutate over time giving them a slightly demonic look (all black eyes and pale faces), they were shunned but due to desperate times they were used in combat but were made to fight under another banner, the Imperial Ravens. Corax dissociate them with the Raven Guard. However they were highly effective in close combat and were proud of their mutations. Now they fight in battle revealing their pale faces to their foes… It needs work

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Half way there...

I have very nearly finished painting half my list and thought I would show you how i am getting on

I am almost done painting my storm talon and I have just finished assembling my venerable dreadnought. Slow progress but getting there...

Attachments

·
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well said, Tawa - good work does take time.

Now then, I think they look very good; I'll keep an eye on this.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stormtalon finished, I now have a battle worthy 600pt painted list, nearly their now :)

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just finished my venerable dreadnought, not sure on his helmet, may need to go over it...
I've ordered some forge world transfers as well which I will stick on every unit, adds more detail I think.

Attachments

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks like I'm naked but I promise I am not... I think I need a better camera and lighting

The reason my hands are white is because I'm working on these guys:

Attachments

·
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
It looks like I'm naked but I promise I am not... I think I need a better camera and lighting:
Its okay raven_jim, we dont judge here, this is a safe place :laugh:

·
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha ok you busted me, I like to strip naked and paint my body as well as the miniatures...

weird :shok:

·
8,723 Posts
haha ok you busted me, I like to strip naked and paint my body as well as the miniatures...

weird :shok:
Welcome to Heresy. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts