Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on fielding a couple Vendetta gunships as part of my Imperial Guard force. I want to paint theme in the colours of the Imperial Navy but i do not know what the paint scheme/ Icons are. Any suggestions would be super helpful and any painting guides would be most welcome.

Thank you

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
The Navy colour scheme differs between sector to sector for it's craft, uniforms are generally kept looking some what similar in each Segmentum with a different scheme in each one. The only one I know about for certain is the Officers of Segmentum Pacificus wear Emerald Green uniforms.

Vendetta Gunships can be painted in what ever style you wish, they're generally low-altitude craft so I'd suggest having a look at some colour schemes for similar modern day craft or have a look in the Imperial Armour books.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
If I remember correctly the Imperial Naval Officers of the Ultima Segmentum wear maroon uniforms, though im not sure on the standard crew members :)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I painted mine adeptus battle gray and scab red with highlights of codex and fortress gray and mechrite red. It really leaves you feeling like they are imperial navy ships.
Then again my whole IG army is painted up to be Imperial Naval Marines.
So my guys have a different look altogether.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
basically there is no set color scheme and its left to your imagination, look at uniforms and aircraft colors of modern navies to give you ideas, or just make summit up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts