1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Total come out to 1992 points.

Let me know what you guys think!!

370 Points - Imperial Knight: Errant

180 Point - 10 man Squad of Scions: Vox-caster, 2 Hot-shot Volley Guns, Tempestor w/ Power Fist and Bolt Pistol

143 Points - Taurox Prime: Taurox Battle Cannon , Twin-linked Hot-shot Volley Gun, Relic plating, smoke launchers, extra armour, Recovery Gear, Fire Barrels, Augur Array

180 Point - 10 man Squad of Scions: Vox-caster, 2 Hot-shot Volley Guns, Tempestor w/ Power Fist and Bolt Pistol

143 Points - Taurox Prime: Taurox Battle Cannon , Twin-linked Hot-shot Volley Gun, Relic plating, smoke launchers, extra armour, Recovery Gear, Fire Barrels, Augur Array

170 Points - 10 man Squad of Scions: Vox-caster, 2 Melta Guns,Tempestor w/ Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol

145 Points - Valkyrie: Lascannon, Rocket Pods

170 Points - 10 man Squad of Scions: Vox-caster, 2 Melta Guns,Tempestor w/ Power Weapon and Bolt Pistol

140 Points - 5 man Tempestus command squad: Vox-caster, Platoon Standard, Medi-pack, Melta gun. Prime w/ Power Fist and bolt-pistol

138 Points - Taurox Prime: Missile Launcher , Twin-linked autocannon,Relic plating, smoke launchers, extra armour, Recovery Gear, Fire Barrels

68 Points - Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor: Power Armour, Inferno Pistol, Null Rod

·
Registered
136 Posts
If this is meant to be fluffy or thematic then what I'm about to say can be disregarded.

You have a lot of points sunk in redundant items. Power fists and power weapons rarely belong on guardsmen, if you're in combat you probably shouldn't be and 3 S3 I3 Ap3 attacks won't save you. Same principle with Platoon standards (+1 combat resolution will rarely come into play to be worth 15 points).

Recovery gear and fire barrels whilst not overly expensive are again, limited in usefulness. Also, I prefer Taurox Missile launchers or Battlecannon with Autocannons to just keep range and High Str. But if you think you need 12-14 S4 Shots at 24 inches then go for it.

I've had some success with Medi packs in command squads with Plasma guns. Helps alleviate Gets Hot and softens the amount of shooting 3 plasma gunners are sure to get. However, I run mine with 4 melta guns and 4 volley guns now, one to deep strike near a high priority tank then the other sits at the back issuing orders and shooting 16 S4 Ap3 shots.

Also, I prefer lots of squads of 5-6 troops to maximise the amount of special weapons I can get in. And Vox casters will have limited application, due to only having 1 orders to give out. But they are only 5 points, just means you lose a special weapon from your commands.

TLDR; trim the fat that serves no real benefit and with those points get more bodies/vehicles. Optimise squads load outs.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Total come out to 1992 points.

Let me know what you guys think!!

370 Points - Imperial Knight: Errant

Knight-Paladin would be better here. The more shots from the Battle Cannon are almost as effective against vehicles, and many times more effective against personnel. The additional Stubba is also giving you 2 squads for possible assault, rather than one. It's more flexible.

I agree with the above, Power Fists are rarely effective here. A plasma pistol is better to spend the points on for a Tempestor.

I don't see any situation where Hot-shot volley guns are better than Twin-Linked Auto Cannons. Two extra shots at AP:3 are almost always worse than STR:7 shots in my opinion. Augur arrays seem expensive for what they give you. Fire Barrels seem, oh, Iffy. The four times I've deployed this almost exact army, no one has made it close enough to assault Taurox Primes. Being Fast, they can move 12" and fire all (2) weapons, so getting close enough to assault them isn't easy.

Melta/Plasma is a better load out here. And these are "Dump and die" teams, 5 man squads are less of a loss when they've been dropped near a tank to kill it, and then get mowed down by enemy fire.

140 Points - 5 man Tempestus command squad: Vox-caster, Platoon Standard, Medi-pack, Melta gun. Prime w/ Power Fist and bolt-pistol

This has few issues, I don't like the Platoon Standard, it's expensive, and Tempestor Prime should be Power Sword/Plasma Pistol instead of fist. If you get rid of the Standard, it could be a Melta/Plasma squad. The change above will allow a second command squad with Melta/Melta/Plasma/Plasma/Plasma Pistol. This is really effective tank hunting and terminator slaying, and it's not that expensive. Another "Drop and die" option from the Valks, that gives you rear area orders for a brief time.
138 Points - Taurox Prime: Missile Launcher , Twin-linked autocannon,Relic plating, smoke launchers, extra armour, Recovery Gear, Fire Barrels

68 Points - Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor: Power Armour, Inferno Pistol, Null Rod

I think you're missing out on the Psychic Phase here. Make him a Psyker, and add a Warband with 3 psykers. That's 60 points, paid for by taking the Augur Arrays off the vehicles. And that tives you 2 levels of psyker for defense/offense and the Null Rod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts