Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is a commission i did for a Sister Imperial knight...the customer wanted it to fit with the colour scheme of his sisters of battle...i must admit this is a great kits and was a lot of fun to paint...
i dont really like the banner and the bottom..think i could've done better but overall im really happy with it..

Please take the time to comment it really does help me to improve..cheers:eek:k:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
well done, great weathering. i am not shure too about the bottom banner...

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well done, great weathering. i am not shure too about the bottom banner...
yes..i should have gone with a black outer..which was my first instinct..but i thought a little white would just be nice...but hey live and learn

·
Registered
802 Posts
Looking good! Personally I think theres a tad too much weathering but thats personal preference, well done!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Left lower leg and the top red panel, it looks like it's been drybrushed a tad to heavy

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Excellent, the banner does stand out, it appears to have little or no weathering compared to the rest of the model, but that is a t8ny quibble the model is tops mate

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Excellent, the banner does stand out, it appears to have little or no weathering compared to the rest of the model, but that is a t8ny quibble the model is tops mate
yes...i only gave it a wash of agrax..thinking that would be enough...i need to learn how to weather things like cloth..

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
It does look really well done. I nice colour choice as well.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It does look really well done. I nice colour choice as well.
thanks man..i appreciate it..though i think this may be my last posting of my work...233 views 15 comments...and half of those are mine
no soap box here i suppose..

but thank you for taking the time to comment.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm curious; How long did it take you to paint it? It looks great and it's a huge model, so I would be intrigued to hear how much time one would have to set aside.

it took me roughly 4 full days..so over 30 + hours..alot of time is wasted waiting for washes and decals though..
what you cant see is all the piping in the body has also been painted..\

the body itself is rather simple.,..it mainly dry brushing and washes..it slows done once i start the gold as i do it in 3 stages..

it really is a great kit.enjoyable to build fun to paint..im looking forward to painting another 1

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
thanks man..i appreciate it..though i think this may be my last posting of my work...233 views 15 comments...and half of those are mine
no soap box here i suppose..

but thank you for taking the time to comment.
You have received a good number of comments in such a short time, even if you remove your own comments. A lot of people won't comment if they have nothing to add. I would encourage you to post more but its obviously totally up to you.

And you painted this in super fast time. It took me a couple of weeks to paint a little storm talon.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts