Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 476 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hmmm if it has a codex, is its own army? Such that you could ally it to a chaos army in the same way you'd ally IG as a renegade army

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2014/02/imperial-knights-stormtroopers.html

Some relevant to Knights:

New hot off the press, 40k radio has a full line of rumors this morning that go into some of the details of upcoming releases. These include 3 armies that will become available in what looks like a full Imperial Knight Codex. Check these out.

Please remember that these are still rumors, but are most likely very solid.

The idea of Astra Auxilary units, especially the Commissariat squads really sounds intriguing. All of this of course is going to break the bank for me, as the new Imperial Knight Codex gets released (full or mini-dex) alongside an Astra Militarum codex in the following month.

via 40k Radio ****
Imperial Knight Titan: 1 kit will make all the versions.
Imperial Knight Titan Codex: Three armies in this book.
1st Army: Imperial Knights Army
2nd Army: Mechanicum Army
3rd Army: Freeblades Army (Mercs that can ally)

Warhammer 40k 7th Edition (Yes it is called 7th ed) in May.

Astra Militarium (Imperial Guard):
Stormtroopers (plastic)
Bullgryns (old Ogryns)
Commissar Squads
New Larger Transport

Stormtroopers, Commissar Squads, and Bullgryns are Astra Auxilary. These units may be taken as "plug-ins" to other Imperial armies.

Catachans and Cadians are covered in the new codex. Catachans are not going to direct only.

Orks are in June.
Someone on BoLS reminded me of this:

So, assuming this is true, hopefully we can use the "Freeblades" mercenary faction and mod them as Chaos Knights. That isn't as cool as a straight up Chaos faction with daemonic rules and such, but at least it's something! Perhaps Mechanicum can be used as Dark Mechanicum, unless it's specifically only for the armies of the Imperium to ally with. Another thought is that in the Forge World books, they'll allow for one entry to have the options for various armies (Fire Raptor, for example, with Space Marine and CSM rules). That could always be possible with the Freeblade entries, we'll find out soon enough. (Of course, this could ALL be bullshit, wooo!)

Now, who wants to take bets on which of the three Knight factions will have the best equipment at the lowest point cost? :whistle::whistle::whistle: Hey, maybe it's a blessing that there's no Chaos Knight faction. Our units would be extra expensive for no reason :laugh:.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I must admit I was sincerely doubting GW's ability to make those Knights look good. That is, until I found those pictures and promptly jizzed myself.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Bonecrushers of Achaylus just got nasty, yep, add spikes and Chaos Orgasms and i get Chaos Knight and Chaos Knight Errant.

Thank you GW, i need a new pair of undies i've just desecrated mine.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Awesome sauce!

That looks pretty good. Now how do I get one?

41 - 60 of 476 Posts