Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I was wondering if heresy could help me. I've come to a little problem. I could either get a baneblade or a imperial knight. I want the baneblade because it's a big as fuck tank, but I also want a imperial knight because it's a huge robot that I would love to paint.

So what should I get

Thanks

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
the knight costs less but has a considerable lack of firepower. I'd say that if you plan to face a superheavy then go fo the knight (to fuck big things with D sword and to save points since it can go down with a couple of superheavy shots). otherwise be the king of the party and go baneblade.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
I have this dilemma too. However, I've written an 'Endstate' for my Guard army and Grey Knights (not for orks or chaos yet though). Because I want to check things off on those lists, I'm going for a Baneblade first... but I think a Knight detachment may just have to become a list unto itself for later on.

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
I say Knight as it doesn't use the LOW slot!

Thus, you don't get forced to use the Alter of war missions from the Escalation book, or give the opoenent that +1 to grab the 1st turn, or the extra victory points!

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
I would but the price that gw is selling them for is a kick in the bawsack
Being UK-based, I suggest you have a look at what the boys at Dark Sphere are able to do...

Baneblade - linky
Imperial Knight - linky

They also offer the in-store collection option if you're in London. However, even with postage, it will be cheaper than getting them from GW direct.

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Being UK-based, I suggest you have a look at what the boys at Dark Sphere are able to do...

Baneblade - linky
Imperial Knight - linky

They also offer the in-store collection option if you're in London. However, even with postage, it will be cheaper than getting them from GW direct.

I was talking to mate about it and he recommended total war gamer. They are selling one for £59

·
The Tinkerer
832 Posts
I was talking to mate about it and he recommended total war gamer. They are selling one for £59
I had problems with delivery from them in the past on two different orders spaced about 5 days apart. After a month of waiting for both them I had to cancel and even with the confirmed cancellations, I had to go through my credit card company (Amex) to get the actual refund credited to my account! To be honest, I too was tempted by the 30% discount they offered but after those two experiences I decided to go else where.

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had problems with delivery from them in the past on two different orders spaced about 5 days apart. After a month of waiting for both them I had to cancel and even with the confirmed cancellations, I had to go through my credit card company (Amex) to get the actual refund credited to my account! To be honest, I too was tempted by the 30% discount they offered but after those two experiences I decided to go else where.

That happened to my mate at Christmas. He ordered a case and they didn't deliver it. I think I will try dark sphere.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Baneblade. More guns, tougher, effective against an array of targets, and yeah, it's a huge tank. I like them because they fit in with the Guard army, whereas a Knight always seems out of place wherever it is (maybe in a FW Mechanicus army, in which case; why are you running a Knight instead of a Warhound? You've got a FW Mechanicum army, you're some kind of being made from money).

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
should be Imperial knight paladin and knight errant VS Baneblade, Banehammer, Banesword, Doom Hammer, Hellhammer, Shadowsword, Stormlord or Stormsword.

looks like you get a lot more from the baneblade kit and with magnets you could have it all

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well since the Knight can be used in a non-escalation game I would go knight. In a 1k tournament today I got tabled by a guy who had 2 knights (750 points) and there was just nothing I could do with them. Now I have a baneblade and saw what it does to knights the other day so if you use super heavies a lot in your games go baneblade, but every day gaming, and painting, knight all the way.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
In a 1k tournament today I got tabled by a guy who had 2 knights (750 points) and there was just nothing I could do with them.
Thats generally what you call a win at all cost player. One knight I could understand, it would be tough to take down at 1k but not impossible. Two though? About as easy as going through three land raiders..

·
Registered
424 Posts
Thats generally what you call a win at all cost player. One knight I could understand, it would be tough to take down at 1k but not impossible. Two though? About as easy as going through three land raiders..
The real problem was I had flown my Vendetta off the table when I was tabled, technically I still had some lascannon shots coming their way :) I did take off 4 HP from one knight before it ended it the 3rd turn....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts