Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even if this is a rehash of the WD game with all the numbers and damage chart weirdness I never read into, $235 CAD is a god damned steal for this. Rumoured to be full plastic Knight kits, but we'll see what comes with weapon options.

Let's try and keep this thread a bit more positive this time around, yeah? This is a great deal even if it's two identical Knights without scenery. When the LGS gets 'em in at that sweet sweet 20% off G-dubs price I might just have to get some Knightly support!!

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
GW has always been pretty good about giving you a discount when you spend more. Battleforces were the classic case for that, but the Start Collecting boxes that have replaced them, and these great new boxed games as well, have also been excellent.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking about getting a Knight somewhat soonish (how could I play Skitarii and not get one eventually?), but I'm going to have to grab this. Any idea when it will actually be available? How long does it tend to take from being announced to coming out?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I take for granted that being Canadian often means that you speak English and enough French to get the right plate of food at the restaurant. The picture says 'available 23/04/16' @Tyriks.

It's going to take everything in my power to not just flat out buy two of these and order something fucking gorgeous off Forgeworld to lead them. I swear, I'll only pick one up at most to start.

Promise :laugh:

EDIT: So I was looking at a pic of this release that I didn't bother posting because, well, I didn't think it was worth it. However upon reflection I have some questions for those of you with Knights in your collection:

Are the top mounted weapons (missile pod or autocannons?) both usable out of the one kit? If not and it's the choice between one or the other, this might mean that it comes with two of the newer Knight kit with all weapon options since the older kit did not come with the top of the carapace weapon options.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Someone wanna translate that from French?
There's really just: available 23/04/16 2 Knights and a Sanctum Imperialis for whatever currency is relevant to your location. The other bit in italics talks about the cards and rulebook that come with the game.

In other news, looks like Renegade means Chaos and there will be full rules for House, Freeblade, and Renegade Knights in the game but not necessarily 40k.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Going by those photo's it looks like Adeptus Titanicus is going to be re-released :biggrin:

Shame they are knights not titans otherwise we could look forward to Space Marine/Epic coming soon afterwards.....

·
Registered
633 Posts
So, that box is a savings of $130.
Normally, 1 Knight Warden is $157, the Paladin is normally $140 and the Basilica Administratum is $33. So $330 total normally.
Now it it has any of the other sprus from the Warden box the value is even better.
Stop putting out so much so fast, my wallet and brushes can't take it.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The only thing that I'm dying to know about this release is what specific Knight kits come with it. It only shows the three sprues of the new Knight kit....could it be both those? It says it comes with enough to make one Paladin and one Warden but those are both possible out of the new kit.

I've found someone to split the box with, just a matter of parsing out the details. I've long felt that the massed AP3 of a Knight Crusader was just what my armies needed. He shall be named 'Herd Thinner' :laugh:

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Nice that they made the Chaos Renegade Knight actually better than it's Imperial counterpart; sure, it's another thing that you'll see instead of any actual Chaos Space Marines in a Chaos Space Marines army, but it's a damn fine thing that you can bring a 400pt-ish dude to sit in the backfield and drop four Battle Cannon shots a turn plus whatever carapace mount you bought while being reasonably tough and able to rush up and Stomp on something if he has to.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The dual weapon option makes sense for a Chaos Knight but not for a Imperial Knight for some weird reason in my mind. Two of the same weapon seems a bit too focused for how rounded Imperial Knights seem to be (in 40k anyway)...though that statement comes from a complete outsider to any fluff surrounding Knights.

I wonder....is being a Renegade without being allied to Chaos a possibility within established canon? I know anything goes in a sci-fi environment just curious as to what's out there on the topic.

Maybe 'Crowd Control'

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Absolutely, a Freeblade who decides that he's got a great big robot suit that can be operated by one person and so decides that he's going to go and protect the innocent, but only if the innocent have money. Starts off as hired protection (i.e. kills vaguely defined 'threats' then extorts the local populace with the threat of stomping them with his giant robot), expands into all kinds of rackets, mounts a huge Thompson on one arm, a gigantic switchblade in the other, and behold, it's the Robot Mafia.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The only thing that I'm dying to know about this release is what specific Knight kits come with it. It only shows the three sprues of the new Knight kit....could it be both those? It says it comes with enough to make one Paladin and one Warden but those are both possible out of the new kit.

I've found someone to split the box with, just a matter of parsing out the details. I've long felt that the massed AP3 of a Knight Crusader was just what my armies needed. He shall be named 'Herd Thinner' :laugh:
This is what I should have waited for.

The kits specify what model they come with- so I assume that their individually boxed counterpart would have the same kit? I could be wrong.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts