Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All

Looking at starting up my take on House Hawkshroud Imperial Knights for 1500 points games. How do you as players view a pick up and play games versus an all Knight force at the 1500 point level?

Obviously I would be attempting to avoid brand new players who have recently purchased Dark Vengeance plus a couple more boxes but I want to avoid being labelled as "That Guy" and be able to regularly find an opponent. So what steps would you take.

For your information I am currently looking at fielding a Warden, Paladin, Gallant and Crusader with all stock loadouts.

Cheers

Hawks

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
I personally would not play you even if you only fielded one imperial knight at 1,500 points. Mainly because they skew the balance of the game entirely to your favor.

That said I know a lot of my friends would love to build a list towards playing that. However those games are usually pre-planned; a random person coming in and going "hey, let's play - I brought imperial knights" is, in my opinion, not the route to go immediately. If you talk to the people that you're likely to play against and inquire on their interest in playing against such an army, that is probably the easiest way to go about.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Wow dude... 4 knights at that point level, especially now that a faq has limited grenades in melee to one per phase... i for myself could deal with 2 knights, but 4?? It's no casual gaming, really. You bring a tourney level army that loses only against his 2-3 hard counters. Other casual matchups are dead and gone. This said, you are free to bring wathever you like. I admit i'd even try a game or two against you, probably with dark eldars. But i honestly doubt you'll ever lose a game to the average player-list.

Reactions: Fallen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is more or less what I was expecting, guess I'll have to post my list on the gaming groups page and wait and see if I get any challengers.

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
That is more or less what I was expecting, guess I'll have to post my list on the gaming groups page and wait and see if I get any challengers.

Thanks for your input
that would be fine. of course, be prepared to heavy list tailoring :wink2:

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Knights are a all-or-nothing army really; Either you completely stomp the enemy, as they are not prepared for the amount of AV you're bringing - Or you get absolutely murdered in 1-2 turns, as they are a AV-destroying army. I have tried both scenarios personally.

Knights are fun, but not as a army in themselves in my own opinion - Neither as the opponent or the controller.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Personally with the way I build lists I'd love to melt-ah-face a whole Knight army. I can definitely see how you might want to talk to your opponents instead of showing up for pickup games with four Knights though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts