Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
There was a mixup on my tentacle maker, it was missing a plate. Hopefully I will get it soon.

I am going to be pushing some more pics in the next week. Hopefully with legs, reposing is... fun.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Looks very cool so far mate. i'll be watching with interest. Great to finally see a chaos knight.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Looks very cool so far mate. i'll be watching with interest. Great to finally see a chaos knight.
Finally? My facebook feed and groups are crammed with them. One friend built a Lord of Skulls top half plus Defiler legs, another has an awesome goreslicked Blood Knight...

You poor deprived child.

Ahem. Excellent work so far, mrknify. Some serious high-level modeling skill you're showing off here. I can't wait to see how it looks as you continue/it gets more nurgly.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Finally? My facebook feed and groups are crammed with them. One friend built a Lord of Skulls top half plus Defiler legs, another has an awesome goreslicked Blood Knight...

You poor deprived child.

Ahem. Excellent work so far, mrknify. Some serious high-level modeling skill you're showing off here. I can't wait to see how it looks as you continue/it gets more nurgly.
Sometimes I get the feeling that u have multiple personalities mossy.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Update: Pipes... or tentacles.

Going with the hole in the top option. Never been a fan of people handling my creations, now the can look without touching.

Now I will have to tighten the fit of the engine, more pipes for the inside on the engine. Create a lip for the vents outside.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Sometimes I get the feeling that u have multiple personalities mossy.
Multiple personalities? Nonsense! I simply pirouette from one standpoint to another with the graceful efficiency of a one-legged frog, or some other exemplar of elegance.

*they can't know they can't know the VOICES*

Commendable devotion to detail on the latest update, mrknify.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Multiple personalities? Nonsense! I simply pirouette from one standpoint to another with the graceful efficiency of a one-legged frog, or some other exemplar of elegance.

*they can't know they can't know the VOICES*

Commendable devotion to detail on the latest update, mrknify.
LOL!:laugh:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Must have missed this, it's looking awesome so far!

I really like the engine block and the piping - will be keeping an eye out for updates :victory:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Love that fan in the back, really nice work and the nurglings are an awesome touch. Have you decided on a color scheme for it yet?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)

How to rust ceramic.... more of an organic acid look maybe...

Its coming along, I've collected a lot of wreck images, gone through many terrain blogs. I put a request for modeled wrecks up in the terrain and basing section.

As I progress I keep thinking towards the legs, many possibilities. The legs will be very corroded, muddy and grime covered. When the Knight of Knurgle awoken it was deep in a rainforest near the bottom of a gully.

I want to base it in or partially in a body of water, this unfortunately will lower its height. I am not sure if this will make it easier to overlook (might be a good thing).

When I close my eyes I see it stepping out of a swampy mire, clawing its way back to a war long forgotten. As the dirt that once entombed it now falls to the forest floor the behemoth makes its first steps out of the mire, back towards an enemy that has since rotted and returned to the earth.

·
Registered
350 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Now to set the position of the legs will be a lot easier with it being partially submerged. Using the waist I can change the hull angle, then just the front leg I will raise, and cut at the knee to bend the lower part back into the muck. The feet will not be showing and I may Have to cut the one foot if the leg is high enough to bring it out of the water.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Templating paint scheme.

I know I'm not done building. I know exactly what I want it to look after its painted, so here's a "swatch" piece.

Finding the right level of blending from acrylic to oil. I will need to get a few more oil colours to be able to get the different textures.

I should have the leg modifications done by mid - next week. I keep wanting to rush, that would be a big mistake, I have all the time I need to do it, only lacking on a few items.

Cheers.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Legs have been slightly modified with the right side cut at the knee and repositioned. Accidently broke the leg armour plate mounting point when cutting the knee.

I have marked the water line for the swamp, and shall adjust the model accordingly to have the right side higher then the left (its actually the left leg, but as per the picture view its the right side)

The fun part is the armour plates for the lower part of the legs will be partially floating after I cut the legs off.

I will definatly have some interesting bases in the future.... what a foot stickingout of the sand... lol.

I can just picture someone cutting one in half for book ends.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts