Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Nurgle imperial knight wip. In the system with the dusk-raiders / death guard, the was a planet. This planet (grypgonne iv ) had a forge world, this forge world has a secret.

Ok enough fluff....

Building an imperial knight has taken my attention.

So for I've cleaned up the torso added some seperators for putting in an engine and pilot, currently I've been adding pipes and tubes.

I've notice some nice spots on the bottom of the side walls where plasticard, with a bit of filing fits just nicely.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
While bits are drying working on trim... stupid glue.

You can see the glue in some of the detail.

I'm letting this side cure, I have the pieces cut for the other side and will let them cure. My glue was not friendly so I put the pieces on except the one corner, without glue.

Super glue in moderation can harden 2 part epoxy putty (green stuff) the downside is too much, and it will flow into all your detail gumming it up and causing issues.

Note to self put glue on putty first works better. Lol
Edit:

Slowly trimming the trim.. trying to get it all the same width is not as easy with 6 hour old putty. Still it is flexible and fairly resistant to finger prints.

Now to sort out the head and find the best way to add more cables / tentacles

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Worked on the exhaust and the front plate today. Need to find a chair for the pilot, I've settled on a forge world renegade torso for the pilot, just need legs and arms.
uploadfromtaptalk1401387473266.jpg

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Quick update. CHAINS!

Yes they are loose! On the bottom. Several are glued to the inside of the neck above the cabling the other 3 are glued to the inside of the plate. This gives a more full look and being loose on the bottom allows me to be able to remove the head mount and plate. This way when I paint it I can get all the deep spots,and those cables under the chain.

·
Registered
159 Posts
wait so chaos can use the imperial knights? is it a houserule thing or is it in the rules cus then i got alot of begging and groveling and begging ahead of me

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
wait so chaos can use the imperial knights? is it a houserule thing or is it in the rules cus then i got alot of begging and groveling and begging ahead of me
Renegade imperial from siege of vracks is the only "legal" way. Although unbound also allows this, I feel with the right back story you can allow any kind of allies.(edit this was 6th ed rules, it is no longer applicable. With 7th they are desperate allies.)

The "fluff" I'm using seeds from a tyranids attack on a forge world where the knights and planet were overrun and left barren. It just so happens that the forge world in question is located in the same sector as the traitor legion Death Guard, formerly The Dusk Raiders.

My continuation of the story has the defenders seal the vault of the forge world protecting those and the technology inside safe, from even the burrowing trigons and mawlocs. As an avid tyranid player (until I sold my army... still makes me sad) I like the idea that a small contingency of knights and their mechanicum protectors sought to save what they could.

Now tyranids leave a hole in the warp, with this void and the fallen forge world left in disarray new pilots had to rise to the challenge of joining with the throne mechanus of the knights. Little did they know their local psychic was going crazy, and has put a virus into several of the thrones. As more of the tech priests slowly sunk from sorrow and dispair, there were sects formed and infighting began.

It was a battle for the soul of the forge world. In the end two sides rose out of the ashes, a sect known as The Champions of Mars, ferverently twisted yet loyal to the emperor of mankind, and a group of extremists loyal to something else.

To be continued....

·
Registered
159 Posts
so begging time begins now, ive had an image of a 1k sons themed knight in my head for a while and been wondering if i could field it. mostly because i love titans, its why im glad my wife wants to start eldar and wants wraithknights

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so begging time begins now, ive had an image of a 1k sons themed knight in my head for a while and been wondering if i could field it. mostly because i love titans, its why im glad my wife wants to start eldar and wants wraithknights
Oh, they are come the apocalypse allies (re-read rules for allies in 7th) so yeah you can take them, just dont get within 6" of them or they kinda get distracted......

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Added a stack on the rear. I've been toying with the idea of adding more stacks to the air intake, I can fit four nicely I just dont have a sized drill bit for it atm.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
::TRANSMISSION: DECODING.......
Imperial brethren, we have secured the forge it ........ be our final tomb. The Hive fleet ....... taken ......... the planet .. lost. Emperor help us, there is something ........ with us ........ request ............. EXTERMINATUS. There is no hope only.........

::MESSAGE LOST::

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Engine in progress....

Bits bits bitsss. Precious bits.
uploadfromtaptalk1401733165124.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1401733185618.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1401733197582.jpg

Needs pipes and wiring, then a sleigh for ease of loading and removal from the engine bay.

Edit:

Building a sliding mount for the engine, it will be able to slide in one way and sit where it needs to.

I had to remove the firewall (between engine and cockpit) to allow the engine to sink to the level required.

I should get the greenstuff tentacle maker.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Ooh, I definitely like what I have seen so far. Will keep an eye on this.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Having a conundrum, would I cut a hole in the top for the turbine, cut out the back piece and mount the engine flat so the turbine comes out the back, or leave well enough alone....

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Tricky choice. I supposed you could test mount it both ways and see which way you prefer. If you're careful cutting the piece out you can always reuse it if you don't like it and have it act as an access panel to that particular piece of equipment. You've obviously got some skill with Plasticard so that shouldn't be a problem for you.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Having a conundrum, would I cut a hole in the top for the turbine, cut out the back piece and mount the engine flat so the turbine comes out the back, or leave well enough alone....
Personally, I would go with having the turbine stick out the back.
Otherwise, I love what I'm seeing here. Just built my own Knight, need to paint it

·
Registered
354 Posts
looks great so far, cant wait to see the final piece

1 - 20 of 48 Posts