Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Right this is my problem, i want to have a model of an imperial guard halftrack and i cant think about the best way to make/ or convert one.

I dont want it to look like an ork wartruck, thing, i was going for something that looks like the WW2 style halftracks, maybe with a couple of autocannons mounted on a slid in the back section.

I think the one im after is something like an M3 American one. Would it be easier to get a regular model from a shop somewhere thats close to the same scale and then play around with it? has anyone heard of anything like this before.

Natural it would only be a showcase piece or one using house rules.

Any help would be great thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure thing
may take a while im not planning to go to far on my imperial stuff till after xmas

·
Registered
66 Posts
take the tracks off a orc war trakk. then take an appropriate body and glue it to it. you could use a ww II modal kit, i have to make a centaur and it worked out well. the track alone won't look orcish. or maybe a model truck ,non 40k, and take the back wheels off and attach the tracks.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hey dude, go to www.coolminiornot.com and do a search on Imperial Guard Conversion and there is a IG Half Track using Chimera and Leman Russ Parts. If your not familiar with the site you should take a look around, its good for a heap of model references. Good Luck

Edit; If you put all the effort in making one, go ahead and deploy it using the "Counts As Rule" I'm sure most friendly gamers wouldn't have a problem with it, especially if it turns out to be a cool model.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My try at it

Ok this is alittle more German SDKFZ but its kinda similar. Its not near doen the wheels and gunners havent shown up yet but I thought it might inspire.
I plan on using it as a chimera since it is GW model it should be good to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts