Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.
Just thought I'd put up some pictures of my Rough Rider Squad. It is currently 2/5ths painted and I will post some more pictures as it goes on.

Alright, here is my dude with flamer.

Hope you guys like it!

PS: I wish I had a better camera. Damn low-res! :p:p

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
How many are you planning on making in total? I do like the cold ones. They're pretty sweet. I think your painting of flesh is pretty good and the blue is rather good. Have some rep but I have to point out that I can see some mould lines on the left arm. I always end up missing a few too and its only when I post a pic that I can see them. Anyway, cudos to you

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@piemaster: I have 5 in the Squad (minumum for a Rough Rider Squad) at the moment. It consists of
1 Rider with flamer
1 Rider with Metlagun
2 Riders with Hunting Lance and laspistols
1 "Mogul Kamir" (I used bitz from the Command Squad frame for this guy. He is called Marius).

I wanted to keep in 'theme' with the whole lizard/dragon theme for this squad so hence the melta/flamer.

I will put up pics of my Rough Rider Sergeant later on this week.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright. Heres an update.

Pictured is the Rough Rider Sergeant Marius. I use the profile and rules of Mogul Kamir for this guy. Later on I'll be posting the fluff for my Guard Army, but basically the Rough Rider Squad is are the remnants of an old Sentinal Squadron, who have had to adapt and continue their lightning war stratagies blla bla bla! :grin:

Without further ado: Rough Rider Sergent Marius

Hope you like them!! :eek:k:

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Nice I like the paint work on the lizards. I can still see some mold marks on the model, might want to watch out for those. Drill out the barrel on the flamer too.

But great work. Well done, rep to you.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
I really like your painting. It has a gritty appeal to it, and while it is not the best of painting, they are still brilliant :) plus rep mate, keep it up!

·
Registered
398 Posts
This is awesome, I saw a similair thing done to play as thunder wolf calv, but guardsmen look better on them, the proportions are better, and it just makes you think about some kinda awesome story to how guardsmen started to ride around on giant attack lizards

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
BASTARD!!! I love these and you beat me to making/painting and posting them. Great work... can't wait to get a start on them now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Holy crap! About a month ago I was looking at the cold ones and thinking that they would make great rough rider steeds.......

good work!!:eek:k:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts