Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone read 15 hours? It’s a game workshop novel about a planet were the statistics show that a guardsmen on average lives for only 15 hours after arrival. Just finished it and give it 5 out of 5. I plan to use some of the fluff in the book for my army list.

The battles are against Orks trying to overtake a city. However, the battle has reached a stalemate after 10 years of brutal fighting with no reinforcements. The descriptions of the battle scenes have created vivid visuals in my mind.

• My favorite character is the Sgt. That is leading the company. What a bad-ass.
  • Anyone else read this book and has opinions/ reviews of the book?

·
Registered
47 Posts
ive read that book 3 times, the first was right out of basic, the second was when i was in iraq, and the third was just last year. at each time, a different part of the book stuck with me. overall, it is a great read.

·
Registered
463 Posts
There was a short story with those characters too.
Where Sgt Harker is being interogated by the commersarat for recommending a medal to his Lt who dies herioically in battle.
What no one but high command knew the Lt was sent by mistake and was due to be collected and shot for being related to a heretic.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Has anyone read 15 hours? It’s a game workshop novel about a planet were the statistics show that a guardsmen on average lives for only 15 hours after arrival. Just finished it and give it 5 out of 5. I plan to use some of the fluff in the book for my army list.

The battles are against Orks trying to overtake a city. However, the battle has reached a stalemate after 10 years of brutal fighting with no reinforcements. The descriptions of the battle scenes have created vivid visuals in my mind.

• My favorite character is the Sgt. That is leading the company. What a bad-ass.
  • Anyone else read this book and has opinions/ reviews of the book?
I bought that book due to the cover i had just picked up Titanicus and 15 Hours cover art cought my eye. My fav part was the main character bashing a grots head in with his helment lol. I enjoyed the ending as well. It had me thinking about how just a few numbers can change your life. read it if you have not.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah knee deep also has the same characters from 15 hours and was a good short read, had a lot of ork fluff in it. Favorite part was the description of what they found in the very deepest parts of the sewers :)

·
Registered
227 Posts
I liked this novel, because it's one of the few that really reveals warhammer as a grim dark place it actually is.
Among the IG novels I've read it's the only one describing in details (poor hygienic conditions,unbeareble officers, disgusting food etc...) how bad actually the life in Guard is. My favourite passage from the book is the one where the guardsmen tell the boy the more probable version of the story of his grand father. That was moving how they destroyed the boy's ideals that kept him bearing the poor conditions in the Guard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts