·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Oh, very cool!

I imagine you could use the centerpiece as a Skyshield Landing Pad in game, if you wanted to--if you weren't using it as an imposing centerpiece to the board!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I build another one like this I plan to construct small walls that can be placed along the floor sections or along the main structure. It would be even more similar to the landing platform then. My goal to to build terrain that can change with every game, keep things dynamic.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Nice work, looks great .

·
Registered
61 Posts
That is a really nice piece. Ever consider adding some quad/flak guns in those towers, or possibly landing lights to guide in the piolts?

·
Closet Dictator
3,428 Posts
welcome to heresy and that is awesome, where did you get your parts? +rep for great modelling buddy look forward to more!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Bloody hell! I'm loving that thing! :so_happy:

·
Registered
802 Posts
I'm very confident you would get a whole heap of rep (not just from me) if you were to post those plans as a PDF...

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm very confident you would get a whole heap of rep (not just from me) if you were to post those plans as a PDF...
I am working on it night now. I plan to make a few templates and drawings as a PDF, along with a series of video tutorials. I have a new level of respect for the folks who make high quality tutorials for YouTube, tons of work.

I have one more day of work, the three weeks of vacation. Plan is to hit all my wargaming projects!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is a really nice piece. Ever consider adding some quad/flak guns in those towers, or possibly landing lights to guide in the piolts?
Client is planning to add guns to the towers, it was part of his initial request. I don't know what his plan is, but I will post pics if he sends me any.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Superb, can't wait! Were your wooden sections (like the floor panels) cut by laser or by hand? Magnetic terrain is never something i've even thought about, I'm itching to steal your concept and have a bash myself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Superb, can't wait! Were your wooden sections (like the floor panels) cut by laser or by hand? Magnetic terrain is never something i've even thought about, I'm itching to steal your concept and have a bash myself.
The wood sections are made from MDF. I made a template and then used an edge trimming router to duplicate the pattern. Next I used a table saw to cut the pieces apart. The table saw was not the best tool, I plan to purchase a band saw in the future, will be much safer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was working on this more today and remembered I had a few files that might be of interest.
The first is the PDF that I sent to the client illustrating the initial design.
I also included the file I made for the raised cardstock eagle I built for this project and also for a template for an eagle I airbrushed on to another piece.

Here is the Cardstock Eagle:

And the airbrushed one using the stencil:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts