Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting fellow hobbyists, I have an idea for a Imperial Guard army....yes I said Imperial Guard for I am old school haha..... now my idea is this. I am thinking about doing an all female IG army themed around Space Wolves. Now I know that the Rout have Kearls to help defend the Fang as well as their ships and other installations they have. So i'm planning on doing any all female force from the Fenris system most likely from Frostheim and name the Regiment "The Valkyries". I'm working on some fluff for them but am wondering what ya'lls general thoughts would be on such an idea?

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Well main thought is difficulty for such a project either sourching or making enough female models in the correct scale would be the main problem.

As to if its a good idea? It certain could be a unique army, with some easy use of the extra space wolf bits.

Well either way, can we see??? Some cool pic no doubt are to come from something like this.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
*Starts handing out pitchforks and torches*

WE DEMAND PICTURES!

----

Edit: In all seriousness, it sounds awesome. And besides the logistical issues of finding models (as Battman said) go nuts, it's your army and your money - make it look however you want it.

Just post some pretty pictures asap for us will ya?

·
Registered
149 Posts
sounds interesting, I see nothing wrong with it fluff wise as long as there done correctly

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Pictures will be posted once i get the first few guardswomen done. I'll be getting to work on them once my first order from Victoria Miniatures comes in. As for the fluff, i am working on that too and am taking my time to fit it in so it flows really well. Still figuring out how to put it all together haha.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like a cool idea, but if these ladies are supposed to be a supplemental force to the space dogs then are they not going to have access to normal militarum vehicles? Cause I don't think a space marine chapter has access to leman russ's or chimeras and stuff.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You are correct, the basis of this army is built around the concept that the Wolves have their own PDF for Fenris so to speak, so this army is based off another planet in the Fenris system so as to have its own IG Regiments but with very close ties with the Wolves. With Frostheim being similar to Fenris in climate and culture it would be easy for them to have the same sort of feel if that makes any sense haha.

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
Please, no Leman Russ MBTs on the planet that Leman Russ came from? I think it would tickle the pride of the Wolves enough that they'd have a contract with a local forge world for a regular supply for their auxiliaries, or some such.

I think it's a great idea--more gender balance inclusion in a decidedly over-sausaged setting, with a good fluffy tie-in. I don't think that any of the Raging Heroes female army lines are up to snuff as viking warladies, though it sounds like you've found what you want from the Victoria lines, which I've never really looked too closely at.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll most likely have a mix of models from Victoria, Raging Heroes and GW as well as any other models that I feel would fit in with the theme.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts