Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Slave to Heresy!
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been glancing through the Imperial Guard FAQ's and noticed that Rough Riders get an additional attack for the second close combat weapon.

Apparantly roughriders steer themselves...

I've always rolled double attacks for them. 12 for a squad of 6.

18 Str 5 Power Weapon Attacks for 66 points...

Bit Extreme?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
That would make them a must-have in any IG army. Seems that GW is getting away from bikes negating the 2nd hand weapon bonus altogether.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
I really don't see it that way. If you're moving slow enough to take a slash at a pedestrian, then you're moving slow enough to take two slashes. The only time I think it would really be necessary to keep firm control of the steering is when turboboosting. Also, take a good look at those bikes. They're wider than most sedans nowadays. I really don't see them tipping over just because their were no hands on the controls. Also consider grav/jet bikes. I really don't see them tipping either.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
I always took the extra attack as representing the large metal bike smashing into the target. I mean thats bound to cause some damage isn't it?

·
Registered
564 Posts
i gave this answer on another forum where the question related specifically to Chaos Bikers. it seems valid here. Note that in addition, as Hespithe has pointed out, you also gain +1 on the charge. Hope this clarifies.

Each codex will tell you if you may only use a single hand to attack/shoot. The last codex stated you may only use one hand to fight, but that was because the bike had 2 base attacks.

Codex Space Marines for instance does not restrict you to only using one hand with Marine bikes, but Codex Dark Eldar does.

Essentially, the Chaos Biker may use both hands to attack or shoot.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
All right, that works. Chaos bikers (and presumably marine bikers) get +1 for CCW, while DE bikers, IG roughriders don't? What about eldar bikers; do they get the plus 1?

·
Registered
564 Posts
unless their codex specifically says they do not, and they have 2 weapons eligable to grant the +1, then yes they do

EDIT: just to re-iterate. Dark Eldar and the old chaos bikes had 2 base attacks due to spikes etc whereas marines and eldar have only the 1. that is the reason behind them not gaining +1 for additional close combat weapon

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have an IG question
iron disiplin says they can regroup...is that just the officers squad..or those in range of the officer?

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
It says that those models that use the officer's leadership, so that would mean to me that any units within range of the officer's leadership bubble were welcome to use that rule. I'm not sure it works through a vox system though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
the rules on vox networks are very badly written. essentially, id say that if the dex say specifically you cant, thn you cant, otherwise it works.
From IG ERRATA and FAQs
"Special rules such as Iron Discipline or Wargear such as a Trademark Item are not conveyed down a Vox link."

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
From experience in the military, the barrel of a gun is very very scary over the radio. I've witnessed, through the radio, the death of a man at gunpoint.

Well, maybe it wasn't the barrel that was scarry...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts