Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right. So this list is kinda based around the thought: "my army uses more digital only crap-a-dex's than yours!". At least <ctrl>F gets me places page flipping doesn't...anyway. Here's a list that I'm pretty stoked to try, just thought I would give it a bounce off the forums to see what's up. I really do love that these three factions have been taken out of the same book and given special Detachment rules, they've been popping up in all of my lists and it's been great. Feels very thematic in my mind..

Here's the list:

Imperial Combined Arms Primary Detachment

Librarian - ML2, TDA, SE

5x man Assault Terminator squad - 5x TH/SS, in a LRR

6x man Tactical squad - Vet. Sarge, GG in a RB w/ TLHB

6x man Tactical squad - Vet. Sarge, GG in a RB w/ TLHB

8x man Devastator squad - Vet. Sarge, 4x FMLs

Inquisitorial Detachment

Inquisitor Coteaz

Officio Assassinorum Detachment

Vindicare Assassin

Grey Knights Nemesis Strike Force

Librarian - ML3, Hammer

5x man Terminator squad - 3x Halberds, Hammer, Stave, Incinerator in a LRR

Damn. Just realized this list is 2,006 points. Gotta figure something out there or just get my opponents to add 5-10 points of wargear to their list; I don't typically play the most competitive games. I'm ripping 8ML points here (in my games, crushing- no idea if that would hold up against actual magic using armies), with both Terminator squads in LRRs Denying the Witch on 4+ minimum for everything but Blessings. Coteaz kicks it with the Devastators, with Prescience and "I've Been Expecting You" all game backing up the two Razorbacks pushing at an objective. Vindicare supports the Land Raiders by popping Transports and really any other Vehicles that are around and threats. Once vehicles are out of the picture, Character models beware. That's pretty much the plan, but if any plan makes it past T1/2 I'd be surprised.

Anyone got something to say about tweaking this list? There's a lot of upgrades that aren't strictly speaking necessary, I was just kinda winging it on this. Thanks for reading!

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
I don't know the cost of the Flak Devs, but I feel like there's got to be a better option. Stormraven maybe? Stormtalon or two instead?

ps: my new Gk list uses 4 Formations and no CAD. do I win the 'how many digidexs' war? :)

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don't know the cost of the Flak Devs, but I feel like there's got to be a better option.
There is, though instead of spending points on it I'm going to completely ignore Fliers. I've got a game with this list tomorrow and I tweaked it into this, dropping the FMLs:

Librarian - ML2, TDA, SE

5x man Assault Terminator squad - 5x TH/SS, in a LRR

6x man Tactical squad - Vet. Sarge, PG in a RB w/ TLHB

5x man Devastator squad - 2x MLs

5x man Devastator squad - 2x LCs

Inquisitorial Detachment

Inquisitor Coteaz

Vindicare Assassin

Librarian - ML3, Hammer

5x man Terminator squad - 3x Halberds, Hammer, Stave, Incinerator in a LRR

Which leaves me at 1994, which was as good a year as any I suppose. I could throw Melta Bombs somewhere...Coteaz will likely hang out with the Lascannons, casting Prescience on whichever squad needs it more that turn.

s: my new Gk list uses 4 Formations and no CAD. do I win the 'how many digidexs' war?
hahaha amazing. I've been spending more time adding forces to my Battlescribe rosters than actually making lists these days. I have one list (simply titled in my phone, "The List") that has all of my various forces of the Imperium in it: BA, DA, IF, AM, =I=, Assassin, and GK. That one's a little ridiculous...

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
My GK one used 2 Vindis, which meant two Assasniorum Detachments. Plus Inquisitor Taximus... and then the GK Nemesis Formation. :)

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How have you been liking the Vindicares? I feel like he's going to be primarily on anti-armour, but picking out special weapons in squads that my LRRs/Terminators are coming up on can be an option as well. Shame he doesn't have some sort of wild one shot kill rule for Characters :laugh:

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I lost...but only because I got called in to work and the game had to end on the 5th turn instead of getting rolled for. Played the Relic, and at one point tossed both Terminator squads into a meat grinder. In the picture you can see them both jumping out of their LRRs into a tight spot. The Vindicare (my favourite thing EVER) had just popped the Rhino, my buddy is placing a 10 man squad of CSM down, and there's a 20 man Cultist squad with Sorcerer Lord in TDA behind the Forgefiend and hand. The Rhino still intact to the right has 5x Chosen, 4x MG and a PP in the squad. That's the Relic in between the two LR's.

....no points for painted models, though my one painted IF Terminator (bottom right) took out two dudes in Challenges and would have taken down a third had the game gone on. The Terminators took out everything in front of them, by the end of it I still had the IF Libby and Sergeant and their LRR. The Vindicare killed everything it shot at marvelously, and I think I'm going to make the Devastators either all Lascannons or 3x LCs in one slightly larger but not full strength squad. Maybe something like:

Librarian - ML2, TDA, SE

5x man Assault Terminator squad - 5x TH/SS, in a LRR w/ MM

9x man Devastator squad - Vet. Sarge, 3x LCs

Inquisitorial Detachment

Inquisitor Coteaz

Vindicare Assassin

Librarian - ML3, Hammer

5x man Terminator squad - 3x Halberds, Hammer, Stave, Incinerator in a LRR w/ MM

Missile Launchers just don't blow things up like they used to. I just....don't think reliable anti-tank comes outside of the AP1/2 realm for Space Marines any more. The army is typically just too low in numbers to get the weight of shots off necessary for any real results to happen for me it seems. I can throw down some serious S7/8 fire with my Guard army, not with my SM armies. That being said....I can field a lot more AP1/2 stuff in my SM armies. Enter more Lascannon and Multi Melta shots over the ML squad. Plus now if I get Prescience off with Coteaz it works for all my heavy weapons.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This list went up against the same CSM army it's previous variant faced in the last game and won without losing a single unit. Not a fucking one. There was a lot of dice luck, but my opponent agreed that this list is hard to deal with. He gave up at the beginning of his fourth turn, had the game gone on he might have taken a unit but I would have tabled him for sure. In Purge The Alien we stopped at something like 14-0 (including First Blood and Linebreaker).

Librarian - ML2, TDA, SE

5x man Assault Terminator squad - 5x TH/SS, in a LRR w/ MM

9x man Devastator squad - Vet. Sarge, 3x LCs

Inquisitorial Detachment

Inquisitor Coteaz

Vindicare Assassin

Librarian - ML3, Hammer

5x man Terminator squad - 3x Halberds, Hammer, Stave, Incinerator in a LRR w/ MM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.