Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

81 - 100 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
both's cool, I like to see how people do stuff, I really like the weathering on them, is it just powders and sponges yeah?
yes sir :grin: but once I add the pigment, i also use a cotton swab dipped in white spirit (rubbing alcohol) to remove in certain areas..

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Yeah that's where the quality comes from and I get annoyed and the Fairy Power Spray out :D
Haha :grin: yeah i absolutely adore pigments they just add so much to a model....

:laugh: Ok, here it is. There are a few bits missing that is either in simple green or M.I.A., or just not built :headbutt: lol but here is the majority. After this i regret nothing!!!! atleast i have to keep telling myself this.....:hang1:

1ST COMPANY

3RD COMPANY

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
wow! amazing work.

Reactions: gearhart

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
wow! amazing work.
Thanks mate, and thanks for the like on facebook :grin:
Unfortunately i've caught the Elementary flu :( Darn siblings....Lol
well i hope to be better soon as my next update will be quite exciting :wink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Well after my week from hell im feeling well enough to get back to modeling and painting...............HERES A TEASER!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Oh, sweet Jesus! After a week from hell Gearhart returns with a Cataphractii spearhead to wreak hell. I very much look forward to this. :biggrin:
HAHA! and thats just the start ;) im glad im not the only one excited about this project :biggrin:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just read through your log and everything looks amazing. Im going to steal your weathering and apply liberaly. As others have said your yellows are great and the orange tint sets it off. On another note I really like how you have done the LR's nothing flashy about, just look very solid and very used.
Good luck with the rest of the project.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Fantastic work on the plog so far gearhart!

I find myself wandering back to this every now and then to just stare at that Cataphractii sergeant....not in a creepy way :read:. Absolutely immaculate work.

Love the way you've tackled the colour scheme too, something I've always wanted to do, but...damn yellow for being so hard to paint right! However, you've done them justice.
Look forward to seeing all those Cataphractii together and painted.

Keep up the good work!:eek:k:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Now i would like to apologize for my absents Christmas proved to be quite busy. Then once Christmas was over i had another challenge....my 125 gallon aquarium decided to spring a leak so ive had to spend the last 3 or 4 weeks draining it, cleaning it, and completely re sealing it. Well it finally seems to be up and running and it seems i may have some free time....atleast until i start college......:grin: Busy busy busy But I WILL ATLEAST TRY DOING A MODEL EACH WEEK! haha

WOW that's gonna be a ton of nice yellow!

How many points is the termies now? :)
As for the points, i have no clue but a total of 120 terminators :laugh:

Just read through your log and everything looks amazing. Im going to steal your weathering and apply liberaly. As others have said your yellows are great and the orange tint sets it off. On another note I really like how you have done the LR's nothing flashy about, just look very solid and very used.
Good luck with the rest of the project.
Thanks mate, I'm reallly glad you enjoy my stuff and glad someone else can try weathering its really speeds up my process :wink: Hopefully i can continue to impress you with future updates

Fantastic work on the plog so far gearhart!

I find myself wandering back to this every now and then to just stare at that Cataphractii sergeant....not in a creepy way :read:. Absolutely immaculate work.

Love the way you've tackled the colour scheme too, something I've always wanted to do, but...damn yellow for being so hard to paint right! However, you've done them justice.
Look forward to seeing all those Cataphractii together and painted.

Keep up the good work!:eek:k:
Haha Thanks mate, im glad you like him so much to have to look at him every once in a while. With some more free time i should be able to add some more models to his ranks :so_happy: and yellow isnt to hard once you get it lol actually i havent paint any other army other than yellow so i couldnt even tell you the difference haha cheers!

hope to have a update soon possibly before my Birthday, which is monday. SO until then cheers!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
Yay! I've been missing these nuggets of miniature joy. To more well-painted Gearhart minis. :drinks:
Thanks mate im glad to have you waiting for me, iv'e hit a snag in painting though. Im trying to get the yellow a tad less orange so once ive figured it out ill have a nice update.... :drinks:

Top shelf stuff Geary!!!
Thanks mate!:grin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
Unfortunately my forge world order is still in the post should be here by Friday....
its not the best update but a little teaser never hurt anyone :)
Also do you think the yellow one is more appropriate for imperial fist? still have to add weathering powder... :) cheers

81 - 100 of 125 Posts