Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow. I am massively digging those Cataphractii Terminators. I look forward to seeing them done. Out of curiosity, have you seen the slight difference that there is between Cataphractii and regular termies?

Looks like I finally found your project log. The link provided had shortened down the full address, so I had to go in and manually fill in the gaps.

Also, you'd seem to be gaining in prowess as you paint. Kudos again! :grin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Wow. I am massively digging those Cataphractii Terminators. I look forward to seeing them done. Out of curiosity, have you seen the slight difference that there is between Cataphractii and regular termies?

Looks like I finally found your project log. The link provided had shortened down the full address, so I had to go in and manually fill in the gaps.

Also, you'd seem to be gaining in prowess as you paint. Kudos again! :grin:
Hey great to see you here :) and i apologize but glad you found it! and i love the cataphractii terminators, i have 10 more to do but there were tons of mis casts so im waiting for my replacement :headbutt:as for differences there are quite a few differences, which are you talking about? lol and thanks ive still got tons of progress to make, i feel im at a steady progress. Just a little over a year since i actually sat down and painted :) im excited to see how i am with a few years under my belt :so_happy:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #63

I NEED FEEDBACK ON THE POSES, IM STARTING TO JUST GLUE THEM DOWN BECAUSE IM IN A HURRY TO PAINT THEM! PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey! Sorry it took me so long to get back, been doing stuff. The most reliable fluff I've found is on http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki Apart from novels, codexes and the big rule books, that's the most reliable source (for me).

i would have to disagree, if the marines either had no time to clean anything, jumping around from place to place killing heretics etc. they would be to busy to clean anything also, I'm pretty sure that metals are affected by rust, and I'm also quite sure that at least parts of the SM armor are made of metal. also, if they ran out of techpriests then they wouldn't fiddle with the "venerable" machines.
In even the brief battle reprieves space marines always tend to their personal equipment and pay homage to their machine spirits since they absolutely cannot have their equipment fail them in the course of a battle. Rents in armor and weapons is an affront to the spirits within so they always try and get them repaired as soon as possible with whatever they have on hand. Although they aren't tech-marines every marine has the knowledge of maintaining and repairing his own gear with limited resources; techmarines don't have the time or resources to tend to every scratch after all.

As for the rust I can kind-of see things rusting even in the 41st millennium. After all Nurgle things rust all the time, but then again that's almost always due to chaos influence it seems rather than the metal naturally rusting. Personally I haven't seen any cases of loyalist Astartes equipment rusting due to, again, the incredible state of repair Astartes keep their equipment in.

Although I do see your point on the venerable machines part, that normally falls to a techmarine. However techmarines almost always follow detachments of vehicles and especially anything considered 'venerable' to ensure that they don't fall into disorder and can be repaired and overall tended to over the course of a battle or campaign. There simply aren't enough Astartes in the universe for them to have any of their equipment fall into the slightest disrepair, and I've read this several times. If you want some links or quotes I'll do my best to find them next time I get on.

Back to the painting and models, I have seriously rarely seen that great of a job on models. Again I don't really paint nor look at painting but the models just look awesome and continue to do so. If you want my random opinion on the model's positions I think they could look a little more 'engaged' if you know what I mean. They all seem to be just walking... At awkward angles. Maybe have some aiming their guns at something, or melee weapons ready to strike. Something like that. Just my personal opinion.

Hope this helps and seriously great job, I love looking at your models. Keep it up! :grin:

Reactions: gearhart

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hey great to see you here :) and i apologize but glad you found it! and i love the cataphractii terminators, i have 10 more to do but there were tons of mis casts so im waiting for my replacement :headbutt:as for differences there are quite a few differences, which are you talking about? lol and thanks ive still got tons of progress to make, i feel im at a steady progress. Just a little over a year since i actually sat down and painted :) im excited to see how i am with a few years under my belt :so_happy:
Just the rules for the armour. I picked up a copy of Betrayal at Games Day this year :p. 4+ invuln. but Slow and Purposeful. Costs the same as regular termie armour.

Just noticed those sweet FW Black Templar shields you got too. Pity they've stopped doing them. They're a fine addition to your army. Nice variation in heads too, which unfortunately does little to refrain my want of playing Xcom.

gearhart said:
I NEED FEEDBACK ON THE POSES, IM STARTING TO JUST GLUE THEM DOWN BECAUSE IM IN A HURRY TO PAINT THEM! PLEASE HELP!
The poses are fine, just fine. I'm sure the painting will be also good. :biggrin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Hey! Sorry it took me so long to get back, been doing stuff. The most reliable fluff I've found is on http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki Apart from novels, codexes and the big rule books, that's the most reliable source (for me). ................

Hope this helps and seriously great job, I love looking at your models. Keep it up! :grin:
Thanks mate! and im glad your back....you have no idea how much this will help in the future! :biggrin:

Very nice work! Very nice indeed! Keep it coming!
Thanks zxyogi! im glad you like it hope to impress you with this update :grin:

Just the rules for the armour. I picked up a copy of Betrayal at Games Day this year :p. 4+ invuln. but Slow and Purposeful. Costs the same as regular termie armour.

Just noticed those sweet FW Black Templar shields you got too. Pity they've stopped doing them. They're a fine addition to your army. Nice variation in heads too, which unfortunately does little to refrain my want of playing Xcom.
The poses are fine, just fine. I'm sure the painting will be also good. :biggrin:
ohhhh :( sadly i have yet to get my copy of betrayel, i was so excited with the new terminators i skipped a step lol but with my birthday fast approaching its very possible i will have it soon. :wink: Is there anything i should know before i build the rest of them?
i really enjoyed the shields so much, i actually made my own out of plasticard and green stuff. The ones i made are the ones with imperial fist logos lol:so_happy:was really happy with how they turn out.

Cataphracts looking good man, SEND IN THE RAIDERS!
haha thanks mate! :biggrin: and as soon as there painted i will post :wink:
i have one for you today! :)

ON TO THE PHOTOS, NOW IVE BEEN UP ALL NIGHT TRYING TO PAINT HIM UP. I PLAN ON BRINGING THE YELLOW BACK. BUT I WOULD REALLY LOVE YOUR INPUTS :grin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Registered
175 Posts
ohhhh sadly i have yet to get my copy of betrayel, i was so excited with the new terminators i skipped a step lol but with my birthday fast approaching its very possible i will have it soon. Is there anything i should know before i build the rest of them?
i really enjoyed the shields so much, i actually made my own out of plasticard and green stuff. The ones i made are the ones with imperial fist logos lolwas really happy with how they turn out.
It would depend on what army you would want to field them for. For a regular 40k Space Marine force use them as counts-as terminators.
The problem is, as far as I know, that the Cataphractii have only appeared in the only Forge World Horus Heresy book. Therefore, they're part of the Legiones Astartes army lists, which is vastly different from both the Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines army lists. We're talking of an age when chapters were still attached to legions; when platoons existed as a likewise division; when tactical and assault squads were numbered from 10-20 'marines; when support weapons were given to smaller 5-10 'marine squads as standard issue, and without variation... The list goes on.
Seeing as you asked about the Cataphractii though, I'll tell you the differences, as it's only a very small part of the mind-bogglingly huge amount of differences between 30k and 40k.

What remains the same between a Terminator Squad and a Legion Terminator Squad is it's unit size and armour. Cataphractii pattern armour may be given to the squad free of charge with the changes I've already said.
Here are the changes: A Legion Terminator Squad costs 25pts less than a regular one. Each additional legion termie is a whole 10pts less than regular ones! :shok: Reasons for this are legion termies are armed with combi-bolters and power weapons (regular ones, not power fists). Any legion termie may take a combi-weapon or volkite charger (a kind of raygun that causes volcanic 'splosions on any unfortunate mother-hubbard who happens to get in the way) instead of their combi-bolter at 7pts. For every five models, one legion termie may replace his combi-bolter for a heavy flamer (10pts), reaper autocannon (15pts), or a plasma blaster (15pts (which you seem to have given your sergeant (sidenote, Invictus, Captain of the 1st company of smurfs during the Battle of Macragge, had one of these))). Any legion termie may also replace his power weapon for a power fist (5pts), lightning claw (5pts), chainfist (10pts), or thunder hammer (10pts). The sergeant may also have a pair of lightning claws (15pts), or a grenade harness (10pts) at the loss of all other weapons.
Hope this helps. :wink:

Also, nice work on the DIY shields. I didn't even notice that you'd done that, so you must've done them really well. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Thanks so much! that helps so much more than you know! also thanks, your actually the first to notice the shields! i was really quite pleased :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Wow, just wow! I've been trying hard to find something I can criticise, but I can't do eet. I can naht. I've just been sitting here gawking over this mini for the passed few minutes. I'd give you some more rep for this mini alone, but I'm not sure if with my previous contribution that'd be spam (ergo, against forum rules). I love how subtle and beautiful a blend it all is, complete with the termie helmet just standing out enough to look like it's been there a while, and a dynamic pose to make enemies of the crusade throw down weapons and surrender.

If you don't already, you should consider doing commission work. There's more than a pretty penny you could make in that field. :wink:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Wow, just wow! I've been trying hard to find something I can criticise, but I can't do eet. I can naht. I've just been sitting here gawking over this mini for the passed few minutes. I'd give you some more rep for this mini alone, but I'm not sure if with my previous contribution that'd be spam (ergo, against forum rules). I love how subtle and beautiful a blend it all is, complete with the termie helmet just standing out enough to look like it's been there a while, and a dynamic pose to make enemies of the crusade throw down weapons and surrender.

If you don't already, you should consider doing commission work. There's more than a pretty penny you could make in that field. :wink:
:shok: Oh my, you are far too kind! I'm really glad you like the mini. I really hope i may please you with the next update!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'd add a few more paint chips myself Gear, but you know me and paint chips! Maybe a few bits of scorching on the plasma barrel, but as a while fantastic!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I'd add a few more paint chips myself Gear, but you know me and paint chips! Maybe a few bits of scorching on the plasma barrel, but as a while fantastic!

haha that true, ive actually been thinking about adding a bit more :wink: But first i want to show a few natural light pictures...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
61 - 80 of 125 Posts