Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Wow! Really like your weathering and your models in general, although I would recommend fully ridding that DP of templar symbol!
haha yeah i do plan too the ones you see were quick mock ups planning on making some out of green stuff then molding them :) but thats after i figure out the proper color combination.... cheers mate! :biggrin:

Great work! The weathering and layering on all your models is fantastic, and good application of OSL as well.

Is your username a reference to certain princeps maximus in Titanicus? :D

Thank you soo much im glaed you like themm!

and Pietor Gearhart!!!!!!!!:shok: omg that is toooo funny! But ironically no its not, My last name is actually gearhart but great find! hahaaha
:yahoo:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ok just let me know if you get inducted by the adeptus mechanicus anytime soon :grin:
haha i certainly will! haha cross your fingers lmao

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Wow Ben quite some time hasn't it well thankfully the man in charge worked his ass off! Cheers for tht mate, with that said I plan to upload a few new pictures in the morning until then....

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
New pictures :eek:k:

As always i would love some feedback comments and critiques greatly appreciated

·
Registered
160 Posts
Absolutely amazing work! Each model looks like he has his own story and I can't wait to see the whole lot finished :grin:

Could you make a tutorial on how you do your weather/battle damage, please?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Absolutely amazing work! Each model looks like he has his own story and I can't wait to see the whole lot finished :grin:

Could you make a tutorial on how you do your weather/battle damage, please?
Thanks im glad you like them and im quite excited to see them all paint although idk wht i would do to myself lol

:eek:k:and certainly, its very simple actually.
1) I first add Runefang Steel (better contrast with the yellow,but iron breaker works almost as good). I normally use a sponge to dab it on, but it depends if you comfortable with a brush then use a brush.

2) I then use weathering powder (Vallejo burnt umber) i add it all over the model to make sure he looks like he rolled in it. Unfortunately it make take a few tries to get it right. You will also need white spirit(UK) or rubbing alcohol(US). This is to set the pigment in place, but this will not seal it.

3) Then i take q-tips, dip then in rubbing alcohol and remove the weathering in the areas i see fit..

4) Last but certainly not the least, You have to set the pigment. I use krylon matte varnish....but its all up to preference. I hope this helps! :mrgreen:

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
HOLD UP, hazard stripes on an imperial fists? hazard stripes on the immortal arch nemisses-i (?) of the iron warriors aka the owners of the trademark of hazard stripes? The gods will flay all your brushes and dry all your paints if you continue like that.

but good worl in all sieriousnes, i've never been able to master yellow and its really good on yours and i like the orangy undertone it has.

Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks im glad you like them and im quite excited to see them all paint although idk wht i would do to myself lol

:eek:k:and certainly, its very simple actually.
1) I first add Runefang Steel (better contrast with the yellow,but iron breaker works almost as good). I normally use a sponge to dab it on, but it depends if you comfortable with a brush then use a brush.

2) I then use weathering powder (Vallejo burnt umber) i add it all over the model to make sure he looks like he rolled in it. Unfortunately it make take a few tries to get it right. You will also need white spirit(UK) or rubbing alcohol(US). This is to set the pigment in place, but this will not seal it.

3) Then i take q-tips, dip then in rubbing alcohol and remove the weathering in the areas i see fit..

4) Last but certainly not the least, You have to set the pigment. I use krylon matte varnish....but its all up to preference. I hope this helps! :mrgreen:
Awesome, thank you so much! I'll go out tomorrow and buy all the bits needed :eek:k:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
HOLD UP, hazard stripes on an imperial fists? hazard stripes on the immortal arch nemisses-i (?) of the iron warriors aka the owners of the trademark of hazard stripes? The gods will flay all your brushes and dry all your paints if you continue like that.

but good worl in all sieriousnes, i've never been able to master yellow and its really good on yours and i like the orangy undertone it has.

Keep up the good work.
hahahaha! i actually didnt think of that haha im glad you like it, and that you noticed the orangy tone. Its exactly what i was going for so seeing others notice it is great cheers!

Awesome, thank you so much! I'll go out tomorrow and buy all the bits needed :eek:k:
good luck, and if theres anything else i can do just ask :so_happy: cheers!

·
Registered
71 Posts
wow! very nice work jon

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
wow! very nice work jon
:mrgreen: thanks, glad you like them and hope to impress with the next update should be a pretty large one lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
vanguard vets

wish i could have given a huge update like i planned but weather has been crappy due to heavy wind and rain, the rain seems to have subsided enough so maybe tomorrow if weather permits but heres some vanguard before the weathering.....:victory:

·
Registered
650 Posts
2 things. Power swords, How? Jump Thrusters, How? Fantastic work Mate!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
2 things. Power swords, How? Jump Thrusters, How? Fantastic work Mate!
Actually they are done almost the exact same way on the power sword I start with chaos black, enchanted blue, ice blue, and white. Try to paint in thin layers so doesn't look thick. As for the thrusters same steps with out the black...I paint actual entry points ice blue after a base coat of enchanted the go around the edges with skull white as well as to dots in the center of each entry point, hope this helps cheers!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hey guys i need help ive recently got some plasticard and i need some good tutorials for use, can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hey wanted to bump this up for and update this weekend :biggrin:

:secret:have a lot of surprises for those interested :whistle:

41 - 60 of 125 Posts