Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #21

still work in progress and i plan to re mold the shields...please tell me your concerns because i tend to over look many things :grin:

·
Registered
650 Posts
I agree with Dave, the landraiders colours all seem to blend, but as he said, that helmet is bad ass!

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Love the chaplains, the detail on the faces and helms blew me away. I had to go back and check the entirely GS model because at first i thought it was painted green. Very impressive work all round.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Excellent work on the Chaplain; the bone helm is especially good.

I find the orange of the rust and the yellow of the paint on the Land Raider quite similar, so suggest adding a blue-violet spot colour to make it pop.
Thanks! and where should i add it to make it pop? in the cracks? :biggrin:

I agree with Dave, the landraiders colours all seem to blend, but as he said, that helmet is bad ass!
cheers! andhow would you suggest i un blend it? a dark wash? :grin:

Love the chaplains, the detail on the faces and helms blew me away. I had to go back and check the entirely GS model because at first i thought it was painted green. Very impressive work all round.
haha yeah unfortunatly i dont have any scultpting tools so once i get some ill give sculpting another go :) and cheers im glad you like my stuff and here are some other pictures:so_happy:

·
Registered
603 Posts
I love the greenstuff work, but that head is terribly small.

·
Drinker of tea...
2,277 Posts
Hey mate, this is some great work.

I really like your painting, it's of a really high standard. The weathering on the land raider is particularly good, though I do agree with Dave that a spot colour is needed to stop it all looking different shades of orange :)

The GS work is great too and the posing of your minis is pretty dynamic.

Overall it's great work so far, looking forwward to seeing more.

Rev

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
loving the weathering on that land raider, but over all well done a good project going on here +rep
CHEERS MATE! im glad you like them

I love the greenstuff work, but that head is terribly small.
haha no arguing here it seems i got a bit carried away :blush: CHEERS!

Hey mate, this is some great work.

I really like your painting, it's of a really high standard. The weathering on the land raider is particularly good, though I do agree with Dave that a spot colour is needed to stop it all looking different shades of orange :)

The GS work is great too and the posing of your minis is pretty dynamic.

Overall it's great work so far, looking forwward to seeing more.

Rev
THANKS MATE im glad you like it and ill try to get some new stuff up soon :) cheers and thanks agian!

I suggest whichever of the wings, crosses, and bezels in the iconography are not required to be red by the chapter livery.
sounds good :) ill get on that and ill post up pics soon! thanks for the help dave! :biggrin:

·
Registered
92 Posts
this is really nice, i love the weathering and how they look like they have actually seen combat and aren't just parade-pretty, good job.

·
Registered
603 Posts
don't be mistaken, all of this is amazing work, just that little head is a tiny niggle of mine.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
this is really nice, i love the weathering and how they look like they have actually seen combat and aren't just parade-pretty, good job.
thanks mate! im glad you like them, i hope tohave a good variation of combat experience...my goal is to not have any two marines the same :) a bit difficult but im sure i can do it :) cheers!

don't be mistaken, all of this is amazing work, just that little head is a tiny niggle of mine.
haha no worries man i truely understand haha, i plan on re modeling my chapter master and maybe using this one as dorn. I still have a lot of work on him to make him dorn tho but given most the pictures i see of him the porportion are more accurate of tht of the model :biggrin: and thanks im glad you like my stuff :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
wanted to boost the thread to try and see if i can get any new comments before i post more pictures tomorrow, as well as making it easier to find xD CHEERS EVERYONE!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
wanted to boost the thread to try and see if i can get any new comments before i post more pictures tomorrow, as well as making it easier to find xD CHEERS EVERYONE!
Glad you did mate, excellent work all round. Your yellow is very strong and whilst it's not 100% my cup of tea, i can't deny the weathered effect looks really cool.

Very jealous of your hideous amounts of termies, will look forward to more pics!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Glad you did mate, excellent work all round. Your yellow is very strong and whilst it's not 100% my cup of tea, i can't deny the weathered effect looks really cool.

Very jealous of your hideous amounts of termies, will look forward to more pics!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Wow! Really like your weathering and your models in general, although I would recommend fully ridding that DP of templar symbol!

21 - 40 of 125 Posts