Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to add another log to get more interest, this will be a log log but hopefully will end finished. Please let me know what you think and what i need to improve on....im still a new painter so ill tips and critcism welcomed and encouraged!!!
This is my first company......

:victory:

·
Unhinged Hobo
2,341 Posts

Looking good so far, the red run off on the upper areas is a nice touch and the weathering around the tracks is good too. Watch the white areas, on a couple you seem to have either yellow showing through from underneath or yellow interferance from a spill (top central white bands) on some of the others you seem to have white bleeding into the edges of the yellow (back and front white panels) also howcome the middle white piece hasn't recieved the same grey shading as the others?

Very impressive freehand work, though i would be tempted to redo the moon, the black on bone makes it look a lot more cartoony than the earth, browns might give a subtler shade definition for the craters.
in a fluff note, earth int he 41st millenium has no oceans..they were burned off even before the horus heresy.

Great skin tones and a nice variety of hair colours, this'll really draw eople to look at your army.

Looks like you've got your work cut out, looking forwards to seeing this lot get completed.

On a personal note i would be tempted to add some trophies or pieces of armour to the bases, i always find grey bases never look complete and always seem to make the colours on a model look a lot more dull then they really are. a couple of points of interest from som dead grass or a smashed hemet will really make them look more complete.

NIce work so far and with a tricky colour scheme to master. Hope to see more updates soon.

Also it might be worth asking a mod to move this into the project logs board.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
im sorry this isnt project logs???? IM SORRY! can you tell me how i can move it?

·
Registered
169 Posts
I am at work currently so I can’t see any of the pics. But as soon as I get home I am looking forward to seeing these. I too have a large Imperial Fists army, and am hoping to learn something new since all the comments so far a positive.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Impressive work so far. Liking your skin tones and the very even and smooth yellow. I will agree with Grimzag though. The moon on the dozer blade looks like a chocolate chip cookie.(Not that there's anything wrong with choc chip cookies. Quite the opposite, in fact:victory:)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
NIce work so far and with a tricky colour scheme to master. Hope to see more updates soon.

Also it might be worth asking a mod to move this into the project logs board.
Im sorry i didnt notice the other comments ,as for the land raider it was mostly a tester to see wht i could and couldnt do but its still in a work in progress but thanks for the advice!!
once my doors come in ill get to adding the final detail, hopefully to a good standard!

and sorry about the dozer at the time i only had a certain set of colors but ill make sure to get some brown and redo it, and fluff wise, im not too knowlegable :( sorry i wished i would have known that before lol ill see wht i can do
cheers!!!!!
-Gearhart-

Looking good so far.

I like the rust streaks from the bolts.

Moved
thank you very much for the move sir and im glad you like the rust. Im going to attempt a feel more details before im completly done, one probably being better rust. :)
-Gearhart-

10,000 points? thats alot of fists! looking forward to it great work so far
why thank you sir, im glad you like them hopefully ill have more pictures for you to enjoy soon! Untill then ill post more of my older pictures.
-Gearhart-

I am at work currently so I can’t see any of the pics. But as soon as I get home I am looking forward to seeing these. I too have a large Imperial Fists army, and am hoping to learn something new since all the comments so far a positive.
Well lets hope the wait is worth it, i hope you like them as well. How large of and army do you have? and anything inperticular you would like to learn? i myself am a new painter but i can pass down information i have been given! cheers!
-Gearhart-

Impressive work so far. Liking your skin tones and the very even and smooth yellow. I will agree with Grimzag though. The moon on the dozer blade looks like a chocolate chip cookie.(Not that there's anything wrong with choc chip cookies. Quite the opposite, in fact:victory:)
haha yes gotta love chocolate chip cookies! may have to go get one now :laugh:
and im glad you like my work, hopefully ill continue to do a good job and keep you interested! cheers!
-Gearhart-

THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENTS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!:grin:

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
Wow, great looking army so far. I love the detailed faces! I'd watch what you weather on the marines themselves. I wouldn't think ceramite rusts, or the rubber like seals around the joints. Although, they all can get dirty.

Great job so far! I've been wanting to do a IF army forever but wanted to finish my BA project first. +rep!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, great looking army so far. I love the detailed faces! I'd watch what you weather on the marines themselves. I wouldn't think ceramite rusts, or the rubber like seals around the joints. Although, they all can get dirty.

Great job so far! I've been wanting to do a IF army forever but wanted to finish my BA project first. +rep!
Why thank you sir! I'm glad you like them and those faces took forever! To finally get right xD

Does the weathering look rusty?! Oops lol I'll go back and darken it up :)
It's supposed to just be and earth tone weathering like on my chaplain, I might add a bit of rust to break it up...hmm :) and you should certainly do fists, challenging yes but I love how everything is trial and error. But atleast I'm starting to get the hang of it :)

I took a look at your awesome blood angels btw and I was speechless! You sir are a warhammer god, actually long term I plan on doing a chapter probably not all ten but atleast 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th 6th or which ever color the shoulder
pads end up xD
Also wht is rep? I received two pm about it but I cant tell if I reply lol is it just a personal rating?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
rep is just a measure of you skill, people give rep for good painting, converting or just funny quotes etc.

this stuff is amazing dude, you have got the yellow painted very smooth. and i lover the custom shoulderpads and shields +rep

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
rep is just a measure of you skill, people give rep for good painting, converting or just funny quotes etc.

this stuff is amazing dude, you have got the yellow painted very smooth. and i lover the custom shoulderpads and shields +rep
thanks for telling me mate!! and im glad you like my yellow :) cheers! :grin:

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Those chaplains are just AWESOME, I love them in every way! Dark and gritty...awesome! Well done on the bases as well, and the terminators your working on now are shaping up real nicely.

Great work mate, + Rep from me.

Regards,
DoE

·
Registered
650 Posts
These are awesome! I like the press moulds, they seem to be almost exact replicas. Also is that guy actually made of green stuff or painted green?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those chaplains are just AWESOME, I love them in every way! Dark and gritty...awesome! Well done on the bases as well, and the terminators your working on now are shaping up real nicely.

Great work mate, + Rep from me.

Regards,
DoE
Thanks very much mate! I'm glad you like them :) hope you like the terminators when they're done

These are awesome! I like the press moulds, they seem to be almost exact replicas. Also is that guy actually made of green stuff or painted green?
Thank you :) and yes I was very pleased with the results of them, and you are also correct about the green guy he is made out of green stuff :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
Holy crap!

Look at that Xbox 360! :laugh:

Anyways all of your work looks really cool. There's only one thing that I looked that that didn't seem right, which was the land raider. Specifically the parts where it seems to be rusting (could just be me). While the detail itself is magnificent, the materials that the Imperium uses I'm not even sure are affected by rust anymore, let alone the absolute greatest materials that the space marines use. On a more specific note, space marines would never let any of their equipment rust, even on the battlefield, as they're far too meticulous about keeping every piece of equipment in the chapter in prime condition because they're so incredibly rare and venerable.

At the same time I'm a retardedly huge fluff-nut when it comes to the Imperium and more specifically space marines, so it entirely could just be me.

On another note, the models do look glorious and I have to give praise on the color of the models. You've managed the Imperial Fist's 'yellow' better than just about anybody I've seen, most of the time they always get it wrong.

Lastly, if I could ask, where did you manage to get those kite shields? I've actually been looking for one or two shields that aren't combat or storm shields.

Anyways the models look excellent, do keep it up! :good:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Holy crap!

Anyways all of your work looks really cool. There's only one thing that I looked that that didn't seem right, which was the land raider. Specifically the parts where it seems to be rusting (could just be me). While the detail itself is magnificent, the materials that the Imperium uses I'm not even sure are affected by rust anymore, let alone the absolute greatest materials that the space marines use. On a more specific note, space marines would never let any of their equipment rust, even on the battlefield, as they're far too meticulous about keeping every piece of equipment in the chapter in prime condition because they're so incredibly rare and venerable.

At the same time I'm a retardedly huge fluff-nut when it comes to the Imperium and more specifically space marines, so it entirely could just be me.

On another note, the models do look glorious and I have to give praise on the color of the models. You've managed the Imperial Fist's 'yellow' better than just about anybody I've seen, most of the time they always get it wrong.

Lastly, if I could ask, where did you manage to get those kite shields? I've actually been looking for one or two shields that aren't combat or storm shields.

Anyways the models look excellent, do keep it up! :good:

HAHA!!! i never noticed my xbox there!:laugh:

and ive never thought about the landraider not rusting! im new to the hobby so i havent had a chance to look at all the fluff :( but ironically i just touched up the land raider yesterday, although i need a twin linked bolter to finish the look, i added light rust and it turned out a bit better. :) By any chance could you point me in the direction of some fluff so i dont mess something else up? :laugh:
Thank you so much for the kind words!!!!!! thats probably the nicest comment ive received and i have about 5 logs, SO THANK YOU! although i wouldnt give myself that much credit xD

As for the shield im assuming you mean the forge world ones? i molded them and added some stuff to them, its best to use instant mold because they would get rather pricey buy 100 lmao! If those are not the shields you mean point out the picture please :biggrin:
Thanks again for the lovely comments and ego booster! :so_happy:LMAO

sincerely, gearhart!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Holy crap!

i would have to disagree, if the marines either had no time to clean anything, jumping around from place to place killing heretics etc. they would be to busy to clean anything also, im pritty sure that metals are affected by rust, and im also quite sure that at least parts of the SM armour are made of metal. also, if they ran out of techpriests then they would'nt fiddle with the "venerable" machines.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts