Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to have an imperial fist army because i like how they are head strong and siege masters but my question is one of there moral backgrounds... how do they feel about regular citizens of the imperium? are they like the salamanders and recognize their importance or do they not care for the every citizen? I ask this because i never found evidence of it

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
There doesn't seem to be a wealth of information regarding the situation either way.

I know they are one of the most highly regarded Chapters by the various organisations of the Imperium (even more so than the Ultramarines who are just the most influential amongst the Astartes) as they answer any and all calls for aid- during the Age of Apostasy they were allowed to go about their duties unmolested by either side of the conflict as the good will with the IF was something not even Vandire was willing to risk.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
That and Rogal Dorn was still alive and PISSED xD...or at least I think

·
Registered
3 Posts
ha ha ha Siege Masters lol The Iron Warriors are the siege masters, don't you forget it either, Iron Cage Incident Read and weep you Lap dog of Dorn. oh god just thinking of Dorns Humiliation gets me hard. Loyalist pig
There's a role players answer and a dumb ass' answer, guess which one you just posted.

Free hint, it wasn't an RPer's answer.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Yeah I think they fought him, but yeah I think their in the middle

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would think they are fairly amicable to the general public. When the Fists split the most zealous went to the black templars and if helforged is anything to go by they, the templars, were not that friendly so I guess if that element of battle brothers was removed from the fists then the traditions that survived until "modern day" 40k would be respectful to the citizens of the imperium. Stern but fair I would say.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks NiceGuyEddy that really helped me

5tonsledge what the hell was that?!?! was there a need for that?

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
I like the fluff under the Imperial Fists, but the only thing that really kept me from embracing them fully was their color sheme. It was hard for me to do.

I recommend you read the book Son's of Dorn. Gives a little insight in their chapter. I like the fact though that their chapter doesn't really rely on their most dominant trait which is obviously their siege skills. But they are also known to be very good with a blade and very disciplined.

·
Registered
263 Posts
The Imperial Fists are pragmatic space marines. They will not sacrifice humans as cannon fodder any more than they have to. If they are in a siege, and there is to be a counter assault, rather than send humans out alone, the Imperial Fists will lead the assault (Storm of Iron,
). I haven't read Sons of Dorn yet, but I'd guess they show respect to humans as a chapter. After all, they were created to fight for mankind by the Emperor.

Also, in the end of Flight of the Eisenstein:

Lexicanum states the IF is known as one of the most loyal chapters to both the Emperor and to the Imperium. If that's true, then I would say that means the Imperial Fists are highly respectful towards the civilian populace, as they would understand how important people are to the Imperium... or at least they'd not carelessly disregard loss of life, because each time a person dies, someone stops paying taxes =P

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
The Imperial Fists are pragmatic space marines. They will not sacrifice humans as cannon fodder any more than they have to. If they are in a siege, and there is to be a counter assault, rather than send humans out alone, the Imperial Fists will lead the assault (Storm of Iron,
). I haven't read Sons of Dorn yet, but I'd guess they show respect to humans as a chapter. After all, they were created to fight for mankind by the Emperor.
I don't think they disregard human life, but I don't think they'd go out of their way to save humans life the Salamanders chapter would. In the case of Storm of Iron, it was just more tactical and efficient to have the Imperial Fists take the brunt of the assualt and hold the enemy while the humans were blowing up the siege equipment. I wouldn't want a normal soldier watching my back if I was a space marine while i was blowing up equipment.

One of the main difference between the Iron Warriors and Imperial Fists post heresy is the way they see their own bretheren in their own legion. The Imperial Fists are very much about respecting one another with brotherly love. An example of the in Son's of Dorn is that aspirants who envied one another and took it to the level in which they fought one another, were immidiately had been removed from aspirants and made into servants or servitors. Imperial Fists are very much about brotherly unity. The Iron Warriors are much about envy, selfishness, and being better than one another. They use these for further advancements in their legion to push one another. Warsmiths embrace these qualities in contrast with the Imperial Fists. Honsou in Iron Warrior, that limited 1000 copy book, explained well these traits. Honsou expressed that he knew that his captains Grendel, New Born, Vaanes, Excstasy were all out there to be better than him and when the time came, he would have to confront them individually for the right to rule his warband. But he also states, that "he would have it no other way", as it pushed Iron Warrior to excel beyond what they would normally do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts