Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As title states, is the stuff from the Imperial Armour books generally considered legal?

I'm specifically interested in Chaos Lord Zhufor, who appears in Imperial Armour volume 7. IF it's generally acceptable, i'd be using him in non-apoc games.

Obviously this is the kind of thing that you'd ask your opponent about before the match/ask tourny admins if legal (and have a back-up list just in case). Im just wondering if units like are accepted as legal before i drop the cash on the model (kick-ass looking model!)

Thanks!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
In friendly games, then yeah, sure, why not? Just as long as you ask your opponent first. In tournies, if you ask the Admins then you MIGHT be allowed in lesser Tournaments, but GT, ToS and Ard Boyz will be a no-no (Well, on second thoughts, Ard Boyz might be a yes...)

Midnight

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Lord Zhufor is a great model, i picked him up to use my self, his rules suck, but then i use him as termie lord with MoK

·
Registered
127 Posts
the boys at my club let me use my GK redeemer (probably the wrong choice as it eats people)

as long as something is not intended for apoc, at the end of the day they are paying the points so i have no problem with someone using FW models.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

@ fynn: His rules dont suck! you're insane!
I can see where you're coming from though, his statline is only slightly better than a normal Lord. I like it because he has both a Power weapon and Power fist, so you get to choose which to use. The integrated bolter isn't half bad either. Oh, and Eternal Warrior. You can NEVER go wrong with EW.

Im sure he's less cometitive than most DPs, but the cool helmet MORE than makes up for it. Psychological Warfare.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
they are legal, just the large majority require permission, which is easy to get, as long as you don't play one of those dickwads (or warseer user) who automatically assume Imperial armour=super heavies and flyers galore, and everything else in between is cheap and extremely overpowered.

those people are of course though wrong, and will always be wrong and live there entire existence being wrong.

tournaments though are generally filled with these people, so its easier to just say no FW stuff allowed at all, but then why play a tournament filled with so many restricting rules and asshats, when you can play in a G......err at home or a friendly club where you can do anything you want in a game and use..i..ima...imagin...ation...imagination...thats a hard word.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Lord Zhufor is a great model, i picked him up to use my self, his rules suck, but then i use him as termie lord with MoK
I find it interesting that Zhufor's rules suck then you turn around and use the model for a unit that sucks even more! :p

Of course I play 3 Chaos Dreads in my list so what do I know about it? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts