Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

Long story short: would a force of, say, Carcharodons take a set of Chapter Tactics? Forge World is such a giant grey area at times. If you are having to ask permission to field stuff you might as well just ask permission to run Chapter Tactics, right?

Just wondered what the consensus was.

I am thinking of picking up some allies for my BA and was thinking of Grey Knights or Iron Hands dakka, but stumbled across some info on the Carcharodons rescuing some BA in Horus' 10th crusade and thought taking Tyberos and his FCing, hopefully Rage-ing friends would be an awesome combo. Blood for the Blood Emperor x 2.

Of course, which Chapter Tactics is another question. Though I would feel compelled to use Raven Guard since they are reported to succeed them. And it would work okay for them anyway.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Unless Imperial Armor says otherwise, all of their squads and characters are considered to be from C:SM to start with, unless it's something like Horus Heresy when they make their own rules.

Therefore, whichever chapter you're looking at would feasibly work based off of the disclaimer at the beginning of the Codex: If they're a successor, they use the primary tactics. If they're not, then you can choose what suits them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. +repped.

Since the rule states "replace combat tactics" I wonder if the FW characters will become "may replace chapter tactics". That would ruin my Carcharodons Raven Guard Rhino Rush - Descent of Angels combo and I would be back to Grey Kinghts or Iron Hands dakka.

Will but the idea on the backburner until we know for sure. Got wood elves and deldar to occupy me until then!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts