Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am definitely planning to get IA12. But I want to know if I should order the Sentry Pylon or the Tesseract Ark at the same time. It's easier to do one order in my situation.

Anyway, if anyone has the book and can tell me if these are any good that would be great. Not looking for complete stats or anything you can't post. Thanks.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Sentry Pylon is a nice little AA option for Necrons, if you're not into the Flyer craze, and if it's ruled that it's Death Ray can use the Skyfire mode then it's just dandy. If not it's still a BS4, Heavy 2 Multi-Melta with Skyfire. The Tesseract Ark, I'm afraid I can't help you with, but it doesn't look to be a whole lot better than the standard Annihilation Barge.

Midnight

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was kind of my thinking on both those. Is the Pylon Heavy Support or Fortification?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I thought that the Death Ray could shoot at flyers anyway? Especially seeing as you don't roll to hit.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Sentry Pylon is a nice little AA option for Necrons, if you're not into the Flyer craze, and if it's ruled that it's Death Ray can use the Skyfire mode then it's just dandy. If not it's still a BS4, Heavy 2 Multi-Melta with Skyfire. The Tesseract Ark, I'm afraid I can't help you with, but it doesn't look to be a whole lot better than the standard Annihilation Barge.

Midnight
If the rumors are true, then the Tesseract Ark should be a 12/12/12 with Quantum Shielding, with as many hull points as a Monolith and it fires the equivalent of three plasma cannons without gets hot.

I'm personally going for the sentry for anti-tank/flier. The pylon should be Heavy Support.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone for the input. It has made my decision easier. Now I just have to do the waiting part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts