Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read the first Nagash book. Reading second. Already have the Vampire Wars for later :wink:. So Nagash figures the Elixer (from human Blood) to live forever. The Immortals Take the Elixer, however it seems they have side effects in skin color (like Vampires), bluish veins, burn in sunlight. There dead yet their heart beats to pump the Elixer into their veins.
Vampires are the result of producing the near same Elixer, yet the Vampire is not dependent on it like Immortals, they Vamps just need bllod. Infact the Immortals need the Elixer or perish.
Anyway heres my question, the Immortals are not Vamps, so what the fug are they? Just undead Necromancers and nothing more? Is the fug up Elixer that made the Vampire supperior to the Elixer Nagash made originaly?

·
Registered
420 Posts
It would appear that they are immortal as the name states, but you don't have to die or have some of the more nasty weaknesses that vampires have, silver, flowing water, and sunlight-dependent on the person, because they don't rely entirely on dark magic to sustain their unlife. also they aren't bloodthirsty, not that they aren't evil people in the story line but they don't require any training to control themselves around normal people.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I always took it as kind of an alternate lore, because consider, in old lore, Lahmia created the vamps, but in Nagash the lahmians arent vamps at all. So I always took it as it was Nagash creating the vampires, perhaps they discovered it wasnt just his potion that could give them the effects, because later arent they addicted to the potion? Just like vamps are to blood?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The Immortals were the chosen -once mortal- servants of Nagash, whilst he was the Priest King of Khemri, the Ursurper of Nehekhara, Arkhan the Black as an example. However, yes, they feared the sun, though even Nagash himself did, and their bodies would take on a Vampiric-palour. However, the ''Immortals'' drank Nagash`s Elixer, which was far superior to the Elixer the Lahmian Vampires drank, which was a poorer copy made by Neferata.

The original Vampires were nobles of Lahmia (Though Abhorash was technically a Vizier, I believe) who drunk the weaker Elixer created by Neferata, after Nagash`s defeat at Mahrak. The Immortals however were Nagash`s own Lieutenants who dranks Nagash`s own -superior- Elixer, and were former nobles/Merchant-Lord`s of Khemri.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what Im reading tho the Immortal seem piss poor next to Vampires, Infact the Vampires were piss poor versions till Arkhan used his blood as a Elixer to save Neferata when she drank Sphinx Poison which could kill a Immortal. Then she turn into a Vampire, with all the Speed and whats not of a Immortal, but does not require a Elixer made with time and resources, instead she simply needs blood. I think Vampires are magicaly intune too where the Immortals had to learn Necromancy and to use their power.

After considering this I think Immortals are just that, they cant die as long as they take the Elixer, and with the Elixer they can maintain a strong powerful physical form. The Immortals ontop of that learn Necromancy from Nagashes teachings, some like Arkhan is really powerful in the arts, where others were shown not so much. Vampires just dont rely on the Elixer, their more self sufficient.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Persians with goofy masks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts