Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the following happen in a game recently and it sparked some worrying thoughts.

My Chaos Marines assaulted a Loyalist Vindicator and Immobilised it. In the Loyalist turn the player said his vehicle wasn't locked in combat (because vehicles other than walkers can't be locked) so he was going to shoot me with his storm bolter and his Demolisher BC. I managed to dodge the Demolisher shot because he couldn't get the blast template down over one of my models without partially covering his own model (and that's prohibited under the sectuion on Blast Weapons) but he did fire the SB.

Did we do this right? If we did does it mean that if the vehicle had been, for example, a Chimera with Multi-Laser and HB and Vets inside with meltas, that my boys could have been vapourised by shooting in spite of Immobilising the beasty?

Regards
TT

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
Yup being immobilised does not stop you shooting. As long as you can draw LoS from the barrel of the gun to someone you can shoot them. So if you'd have been at the side of the Vindi it can't shoot you with the Demolisher. It could obviously shoot something else in front of it. It obviously cannot pivot so you follow the rules for firing arcs as normal.

Aramoro

·
Registered
173 Posts
from what you described you did play it right. your opponent was right in that vehicles cant get stuck in combat unless they are walkers. and you were right by not letting him shoot that rediculous cannon at point blank if he touches his model. always becareful when you run up on a transport too because if you dont destroy it he can always disembark open fire and then assault on his turn. and you dont want that especially if he has an assault squad /bezerkers in there.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
Two things:

He cannot fire the Demolisher and the Storm Bolter together as the Demo is Ordnance. After attempting to place the blast marker for it he should have been done shooting.

During the enemy turn you may attack the vehicle again if still in B2B with it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK.

That's all good. Assaulting some vehicles is actually riskier than it looks - eg if 30 Orks have a go at a Vindi it may well get to fire that big gun at point blanks range.

Thanks
TT
PS DeathKlokk - I've been married 30 years and I'm still at Lvl1 :)

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
OK.

That's all good. Assaulting some vehicles is actually riskier than it looks - eg if 30 Orks have a go at a Vindi it may well get to fire that big gun at point blanks range.
That's better than not even trying to destroy it and it has free reign to move/fire with impunity.

PS DeathKlokk - I've been married 30 years and I'm still at Lvl1 :)
6 here (just last week!) and you, sir, give me little hope for the future! :(

lol

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Slightly on topic, and not worth making a thread for.
Say you have a unit with Rage, they assault a vehicle, the vehicle is immobilised.
In the next PLAYER turn, do they still count as in combat with the vehicle?
And in your next turn, since they cannot move away from this vehicle due to Rage, do they count as charging come the Assault phase? Or are they still 'sort-of-locked' in combat?

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
units that aren't locked may move away. If they do not move away they may attack again but do not count as assaulting.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Two things:

He cannot fire the Demolisher and the Storm Bolter together as the Demo is Ordnance. After attempting to place the blast marker for it he should have been done shooting.

During the enemy turn you may attack the vehicle again if still in B2B with it.
Klokk's got it, hands down.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah that's what I figured.
Poor rage-stricken Tyranids :S
Actually, poor BA Death Company for the one of three games that my buddy actually tried to run them. (Found it secretly hilarious, yet horrifying, that his DC beat the living tar out of a vehicle for three turns, immobilizing, destroying all of the weapons, and there after failing to achieve any result better than a stunned.)

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
Actually, poor BA Death Company for the one of three games that my buddy actually tried to run them. (Found it secretly hilarious, yet horrifying, that his DC beat the living tar out of a vehicle for three turns, immobilizing, destroying all of the weapons, and there after failing to achieve any result better than a stunned.)
And that's why you would DEFINITELY give a number of them Power Fists.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts