Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've been playing 40k for 3 years now, and after talking to my friend I have decided to trade him my orks for his lizardmen. Now I've come to my problems. I just recently bought the rule book and codex and I'm trying to relate fantasy to 40k as much as possible can any of you guys help me? such as is there a Lizardmen EQ army in 40k such as Empire is Imperium Orcs are Orks and such? thanks for the help

·
Registered
48 Posts
There's really no 40k EQ for Lizardmen. They're pretty unique. It'll be hard to relate Fantasy to 40k because they're not really the same game, aside from being made by the same company. Did you have any specific questions or issues?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I must say I really enjoy the Lores and a completely separate phase for psychic attacks

but how do you decide how many dice you get? how many dice you get to dispel? and how do you figure out channeling (ie how many dice do you get? how do you pass a channel) also my friend said that in fantasy you get both your armour save and if that fails you get your invul save (which he said is called ward) so how do you figure out how you get subtractions to your armour saves

umm thats all I got at first also the manager at my store said that they are closest to Mahreens because they are good at everything but perfect at nothing, but I heard they are really good with magic which do you believe?

·
Registered
48 Posts
All of those questions can be answered by the rulebook. I don't have mine near me atm so I can't give the page numbers, but everything you mentioned is explained in the Magic section and the Close Combat section in terms of Power and Dispel dice, and Armour Save modifiers.

As far as being good at magic, they are very good at it. Aside from the lack of long ranged shooting, there's really nothing that Lizardmen are bad at. They have great close combat units, great hammer units (heavy hitters that can take a beating and give one back) and incredibly strong magic. The higher the points you play at, the better LM become. Their Slaans are insane!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Slaans?...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
slaans are lizardmen super wizard frogs, the direct decendents of the old ones. They have killed more daemons in 1 spell than armies in generations

saves are modified by strength or direct weapon rules eg no save allowed or armour piercing or killing blow, if you have a ward save you take it after you fail an armour save, but decent wards are very rare and really only characters get them,

Don't view them like marines as every army bar skaven and orcs have been told their like marines!

Magic works in a fairly easy way, the winds of magic blow at variable strength each turn, your wizards use this to cast spells, the better the wizard the easier it is to cast, different spells have different casting values to support their uses, if a spell is cast the opponant can try to dispel it using their pool of dice. If he succeds the spell fails otherwise it works and you work out the effects, eg infernal gateway may see a whole enemy unit destroyed, or dispel magic makes it harder for your enemy to cast their own spells, sometimes casting goes wrong and you miscast cusing all sorts of problems. Theres about 150 spells in the game I think, but only some armies get to use certain spell lores

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bloody amazing thanks for the reply Barn have some rep :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts