Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I'm more impressed that you can afford so much in models/bits and still eat and pay rent.

I started before 2nd ed and while I have a lot of chaos stuff its almost all painted (all but a rhino and a squad of possessed still on the sprue.) I resigned myself to only buy what I'd be able to get to soon or next. And I've only really stocked up going through bins of bits at a convention, when I couldn't really come back in the future.

I think you need to ask yourself some rough questions about what you will use and what you won't. And by use I mean "enjoy", whether that's assembling, converting, painting, or playing - but I'm guessing "untouched in the box" doesn't feel very rewarding. And if keeping it won't actually make you happier then its time to figure our what well.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Just have once 3-monthly ebay auctions for the stuff you decide you will never get round to painting. And think before you buy. Or give the money to a cat shelter or some shit...

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
MCC I see a very simialr thing in my basement .... I have 4 Land Raiders, 3 LR Crusaders, 60 Assault marines, 40 Tacticals, 30 Devastators, a Thunder Guppy, 3 Thunder Pidgeons, Predators, vindicators and more to unwrap than that.... aww fuck ... I got a shitload of stuff to get done and GW changed the paints on me.

Good thing I horde shit as I actually have enough paint waiting to finish everything that I currently have .... and the paint that I have stored up is the hard hexagonal black capped paint.
The lowest number of any paint that I have is 2(not much use for the yellows) and the most paint that I have is 8 tins (Blood Red and Red Gore) I recently used a tin of Red Gore so I no longer have 9 of those in reserve ..... HORDE MUCH?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have no advice on cutting back on your addiction but I have space-saving advice.

Buy a box of Zip-lock bags, found in most grocers & Supermarkets.
Systematically go through each box and clip out the pieces and store them in Zip-lock bags.
Throw in instructions or if unneeded, at least a label of what they are for ease of identification.
Dispose of boxes and empty sprue frames.

This would likely condense EVERYTHING in that picture to one single shelf.

Now that you have more room to spare, you can buy more stuff. :so_happy:

·
Banned
5,108 Posts
I sympathise with your problem and have just started the Norm Helps You Beat Your Addiction service, all you have to do is send me all your stuff, it really is that simple, send me your stuff and I guarantee I will cure your addiction to grey plastic crack!
Hey i got dibs on the Daemons.......:victory:

·
Registered
211 Posts
My backlog is six miniatures.

None of which are GW but I still use them for 40k. My IG allies have to come from somewhere after all.

I also still have zero vehicles, but then again my disposable income is so low it's about one year I'm supposed to come around and buy some paints, I've been using those few acrylics for ceramic I had in my house until I ran them all dry (those few that weren't dry already, I mean) and now I only have a few tubes with nothing but the primary colours.

Which, okay, technically should suffice for everything, but I'm also missing black.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I have no advice on cutting back on your addiction but I have space-saving advice.

Buy a box of Zip-lock bags, found in most grocers & Supermarkets.
Systematically go through each box and clip out the pieces and store them in Zip-lock bags.
Throw in instructions or if unneeded, at least a label of what they are for ease of identification.
Dispose of boxes and empty sprue frames.

This would likely condense EVERYTHING in that picture to one single shelf.

Now that you have more room to spare, you can buy more stuff. :so_happy:
Or, as an alternative, he can toss just the boxes and save the sprue bitz to cut up into rubble for terrain when he builds his gaming table.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts