Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after spending far too long trying to find how to post a new thread again, also too long away from the hobby I've been reminded that I do quite enjoy imagining stuff, not very good stuff mind you, but I do anyway! I'm back to my own chapter design!.. colours are different, new name, new chapter master, all new! I'm back here asking for opinions and shizzle. SO here may be my chapter master, if it loads! xD the only thing I'm kinda keeping the same is my idea for a 'Ghost squad'.. Re-reading some old threads I've had this is what I've come up with!

Ghost Sqaud– 180 Pts
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
Ghost Sergeant 4 4 4 4 1 4 2 10 3+
Ghost 4 4 4 4 1 4 1 9 3+
Unit Composition
-1 Ghost Sergeant
-4 Ghosts

Unit Type
-Infantry

Wargear
-Power Armour
-Frag and Krak Grenades
-Volkon Bolters
-Bolt Pistol

Special Rules
-And they shall
know no fear
-Infiltrate
-Combat Squads
-Stealth

Options
-Upgrade to 'Master deceptions' + 30pts

Volkon rifle – Specially forged Boltguns which shoot at the following profile
********* Rng Str Ap Type
Volkon rifle 24" 4 3 Assualt 1

'Master deceptions'- Ghost sqaud become masters of hiding in the shadows. Plus 2 to the Cover save.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Overall, what you have here is a bad imitation of sternguard veterans.

For fifty five fewer points you get the same number of marines, access to special, heavy, and combine weapons, special ammo, transport options, an extra attack on the base profile, and the ability to add more members at the cost of 1 point of leadership, infiltrate, and stealth.

I'd recommend just making your ghost squad sternguard, but remove the heavy weapon option in favour of stealth, remove transports for infiltrate, increase the cost of the squad by 3 or 4 points per model, and have your master deceptions upgrade give the squad shrouded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts