Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on a different forum (for go-karts, actually) and thought it might be fun to do here as well.

Hi, I'm Jake and I'm a 40k addict.

You might be a 40k addict if...

1. Have you ever decided to stop playing 40k for a week or two but only lasted a couple of days?

2. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your 40k playing and stop telling you what to do?

3. Have you ever switched from one army to another in hopes that this would keep you from becoming bored.

4. Do you need 40k first thing in the morning?

5. Do you envy people who can play more 40k than you?

6. Have you had problems connected with 40k in the past year?

7. Has your 40k playing caused trouble at home?

8. Do you ever try to get "extra" miniatures from a purchase because you didn't get enough?

9. Do you tell yourself that you can stop playing 40k any time you want to, even though you keep playing 40k when you don't mean to?

10. Have you missed days of work or school because of 40k?

11. Do you have "blackouts"?
A "blackout" is when we have been playing 40k for hours or days that we cannot remember.

12. Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not play 40k?

If you answered "Yes" to four or more questions, you are probably a 40k addict.

·
Registered
526 Posts
3, 6, 7, 10 and 12.

Now... wheres my Forgeworld order...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
2. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your 40k playing and stop telling you what to do?

3. Have you ever switched from one army to another in hopes that this would keep you from becoming bored.

8. Do you ever try to get "extra" miniatures from a purchase because you didn't get enough?
I fall short. I do get annoyed when i post up a lsit and 1 person(usually the same guy all the time) desides that instead of ajusting your list he will completly remake it and the ending list has about or less than 25% of what your original lsit did.
I'm really guilty of the next as i have a total of 4 armys tho 2 of them are only at the 1000pts mark at the mo(Nid's and blood Angels). I like Variaty and i can get board doing the same thing with the same army so i mix it up a bit.
The last is a bit iffy. I'm that person who knows i get 8 Heavy wepaons in a Dev team so i get a 5 box of marines to egt the bodys to make the rest, or save up parts to make plasmaguns etc when i feel that i need them(I still ahve 1 spare body lying around for somethign speacial)

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
6, and maybe 12 back in the day.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
1. Have you ever decided to stop playing 40k for a week or two but only lasted a couple of days?
Nope. Have gone 3 years without playing in the past. Harrumph! Youth of today - no stick-to-it-iveness. Or Tenacity if you speak English.
Don't have an issue with it.
No. I switch amongst my armies to "share the love", not out of boredom. This said, I'll never be bored enough to want to play Blood Angels or Space Wolves.
4. Do you need 40k first thing in the morning?
No. This place belongs to my beloved Caffeine, the holiest chemical compound known to man.
5. Do you envy people who can play more 40k than you?
No. Envy is a pathetic excuse for an emotional response.
6. Have you had problems connected with 40k in the past year?
No. Not apart from GW price rises.
7. Has your 40k playing caused trouble at home?
No.
No, I just buy them as cheaply as I can - often scraping out the dregs of 2nd hand stalls and tables (as well as buying from OS where it is cheaper).
9. Do you tell yourself that you can stop playing 40k any time you want to, even though you keep playing 40k when you don't mean to?
No. See#1. Have given up before, can give up again.
10. Have you missed days of work or school because of 40k?
No. These I reserve for those bouts of "cork flu" after a heavy weekend.
A "blackout" is when we have been playing 40k for hours or days that we cannot remember.
No, I have whiteouts where I'm awake and conscious, but my vision goes all white. My hearing and other senses are fine.

12. Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not play 40k?
No. I'm married to a wonderful woman who not only supports my geeky hobby, but she pays for it as well. How could it get better?

Good news. I'm not an addict. I can quit if I want to.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
1. Have you ever decided to stop playing 40k for a week or two but only lasted a couple of days? NOPE.

2. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your 40k playing and stop telling you what to do? NOT REALLY, NO.

3. Have you ever switched from one army to another in hopes that this would keep you from becoming bored. NOT OUT OF BOREDOM.

4. Do you need 40k first thing in the morning? NO, I NEED COFFEE.

5. Do you envy people who can play more 40k than you? NOPE.

6. Have you had problems connected with 40k in the past year? WHAT TYPE OF PROBLEMS? I LOST A COUPLE OF MODELS, IS THAT A PROBLEM?

7. Has your 40k playing caused trouble at home? NOPE.

8. Do you ever try to get "extra" miniatures from a purchase because you didn't get enough? WHA..? GET MORE BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T GET ENOUGH? HUH? HAVE I SPENT TOO MUCH AND GOTTEN TOO LITTLE? YEAH, GW SEE'S TO THAT WITH EVERY ITEM THE OFFER.

9. Do you tell yourself that you can stop playing 40k any time you want to, even though you keep playing 40k when you don't mean to? NO.

10. Have you missed days of work or school because of 40k? NEVER.

A "blackout" is when we have been playing 40k for hours or days that we cannot remember. GOD NO.

12. Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not play 40k? NOPE.

ZERO, ZIP, NADA, NONE. Question #8 needs to be reworded.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whoa, guys don't take this personally, it's all in good fun. I went on the Alcoholics Anonymous website and changed their 12 questions to make them Warhammer related. Question #8 on the alchy site reads: "Do you ever try to get "more" drinks while you're out because you didn't get enough?" I know I never get enough stuff from my boxes (one melta gun in a tactical squad, serious!) so I thought that would be a good one for that question. Also, the list is subjective. If losing some models in the past year is a problem for you, then yes, it satisfies the the criteria of the list

·
Registered
4,778 Posts

1. Have you ever decided to stop playing 40k for a week or two but only lasted a couple of days? Nope. Never Decided to stop playing 40K

2. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your 40k playing and stop telling you what to do? Not had this problem so far.

3. Have you ever switched from one army to another in hopes that this would keep you from becoming bored. Not our of bordem, I switched from my Space Wolves to Salamanders because of Salamander by Nick Kyme.

4. Do you need 40k first thing in the morning? Nah.

5. Do you envy people who can play more 40k than you? Nope.

6. Have you had problems connected with 40k in the past year? No.

7. Has your 40k playing caused trouble at home? Non.

8. Do you ever try to get "extra" miniatures from a purchase because you didn't get enough? Negative.

9. Do you tell yourself that you can stop playing 40k any time you want to, even though you keep playing 40k when you don't mean to? Nay.

10. Have you missed days of work or school because of 40k? Not because of 40K.

11. Do you have "blackouts"? Never.

12. Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not play 40k? Unsure, only started 40K 2 Years ago.

1 Question I'm Unsure on. 10 I don't. The title should be, "I'm a 40K addict, get me out of here :biggrin:".

~Bane of Kings.

·
Bleh
3,785 Posts
I saw this on a different forum (for go-karts, actually) and thought it might be fun to do here as well.

Hi, I'm Jake and I'm a 40k addict.

1. Have you ever decided to stop playing 40k for a week or two but only lasted a couple of days? No.

2. Do you wish people would mind their own business about your 40k playing and stop telling you what to do? Yes actually..

3. Have you ever switched from one army to another in hopes that this would keep you from becoming bored. Yes...

4. Do you need 40k first thing in the morning? No...

5. Do you envy people who can play more 40k than you? No :laugh:

6. Have you had problems connected with 40k in the past year? No :p

7. Has your 40k playing caused trouble at home? Yes, when my mum wants to borrow money... -.-

8. Do you ever try to get "extra" miniatures from a purchase because you didn't get enough? No

9. Do you tell yourself that you can stop playing 40k any time you want to, even though you keep playing 40k when you don't mean to? No

10. Have you missed days of work or school because of 40k? No :laugh:

A "blackout" is when we have been playing 40k for hours or days that we cannot remember. No

12. Have you ever felt that your life would be better if you did not play 40k? Not really, no.

I am not an addict! :O

1 - 16 of 16 Posts