Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So right, this 6-man squad has the rules "3 Guardsmen must choose one of the following options" and so on with the list. My questions that follows; What about the other 3? It says the minimum but nothing about the maximum numbers that may carry heavier weapons.

My second question is, it states they may exchange their lasguns for the heavier weapons, but it also says "close combat weapon", which weapons might be included there?

·
Registered
383 Posts
By my understanding, SWSs must have a MINIMUM of 3 specials, up to a maximum of the number of models in the squad. So you MUST have atleast 3 Specials, but can take 6 if you so choose.

As far as close combat Weapons, that is simply something saying they have a Knife, Dagger, Brass Knuckles, Nunchucks...something they use to beat on people up close. It is a non-power at-strength weapon, nothing more. It only gives an option to replace their Lasguns, so they may not replace their CCWs.

·
Registered
596 Posts
You get six guys, and three of them must take weapon upgrades. I see no indication that the other three have any option to do anything but keep their basic equipment.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By my understanding, SWSs must have a MINIMUM of 3 specials, up to a maximum of the number of models in the squad. So you MUST have atleast 3 Specials, but can take 6 if you so choose.

As far as close combat Weapons, that is simply something saying they have a Knife, Dagger, Brass Knuckles, Nunchucks...something they use to beat on people up close. It is a non-power at-strength weapon, nothing more. It only gives an option to replace their Lasguns, so they may not replace their CCWs.
Oh thank you, thats how I understood it as well but wanted a second opinion before putting the models together. ^^ Sweet, woohoo, more kick ass heavy weapons for me :grin: Thanks in return for the help ^^

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
I don't think that's how it works, 3 members must take special weapons, no more, no less. The other 3 only have Lasguns & CCW. You can only have 3 special weapons that's the way it has always been.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You get six guys, and three of them must take weapon upgrades. I see no indication that the other three have any option to do anything but keep their basic equipment.
I don't think that's how it works, 3 members must take special weapons, no more, no less. The other 3 only have Lasguns & CCW. You can only have 3 special weapons that's the way it has always been.
Thats what I was afraid of. >.< Hmm very well, thank you all for the assistance. It appears I have to make some booring regular Guardsmen then. :eek:k:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
As pointed out it says 3 must change to one of the folleing weapons, so you must pick 3, but the other 3 guardsmen cannot change their weapons as they have no option to.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
At this point i would just suggest veterans... can take 3 special weapons, can have a4+ armour and they have a higher BS... plus you switch the lasguns out for BOOMSTICKS!!!!

·
Registered
496 Posts
Only three specials, no more no less. The other three are issued their special flakk vests with the bullseye on the front and back. They are ablative wounds.
dont forget the sticks and bad language

@effigy22
but they also cost more... and arnt a part of infantry platoon squads :D

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

Love Army of Darkness :grin:

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HAHAH love the Army of Darkness reference. Yeah, but its like I got 3 extra miniatures (made from tankcommanders) so I thought, why not use them for something good other than just collect dust on the shelf? So no veterans, but might expand it I get more figures to add.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.