Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My other major project army is Imperial Guard with a desert scheme.. I first painted the multi laser sentinel a few years ago as a test and liked it. Did the other two recently, and I think the original was slightly different shades of brown.

They are almost finished besides some detail/touch up work. And the HK missile is a little too bright right now.

Favorite detail is the missile launcher sentinel crushing a fuel drum. Used a drum half from the heavy weapons kit, heated it with a candle and pressed down with the sentinel foot.

If you have any suggestions for improvements, fire away!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Wow nice, Love the basing, and the Faint Desert-camo lines, very nice effect.

All brilliant besides that Yellow missile, Not feeling that!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I agree with Rot here, great job on the camo, and nice idea for the barrel, cool little effect there.

But the hunter-killer traffic cone needs to be dulled down for sure heh :p

Keep up the great work!

·
Registered
107 Posts
New HK missile looks great, the face is a nice touch. cant wait to see some more

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ask and you shall receive piemaster..

Leman Russ: My first fun with magnets, all turret cannons, the commander and top hatch are switchable. This is only airbrushed and sealed so it's still shiny. Airbrushing this tank is when I discovered how easy airbrush paint rub's off.

Heavy Weapons Squads: Choosing red for the sentinel's missile decided the color for all ordinance in this scheme. They are mostly finished with a few details to touchup. Still need backpacks and misc debris for the bases. I like how the one missile crewman and sergeant are arguing.

Command Squad: Still very much a WIP. Only primed with krylon silver so far. Chose to start doing arms separately so I can better reach the chest/inside arms areas, which is also how I did the two missile crew above.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I started using silver as a primer ever since reading a blog by alex castro .. http://www.alexcastro.com/ .. The guy has some amazing miniature artwork. The blog seems to be gone now, but I think it had something to do with silver maintaining detail better than any other spray paint for priming. It also allows you to see any places you missed while trying to clean up flashing and such, which I can see some in the pic of the command squad.
Plus if you use silver as a primer for vehicles which are then airbrushed you can just rub off the paint from the edges for weathering.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
Useful information, although I think I will stick with matt black or white. As you have pointed out the fact you can rub the paint off a silver primer seems to defeat the object.

But you tank pattern looks really good. I like the infantry pattern, simple yet effective. Does it take much time to paint? I am always concerned that camo patterned IG squads are going to take too long for an entire army.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts