Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can sentinels deep strike?

I can't decipher what this means coming directly from Codex IG when it defines what models can or can't use this doctrine,
"Any Guard Infantry unit (without a Chimera transport) or Sentinel squadron may deep srtike if the mission permits."

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I don't know much about guard but the quote in your post says they can deep stike. You seem to have answered your own question.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If you use the doctrine then yes. Otherwise, no.

Essentially you're putting them in an Imperial Burrower and surprising your foes with them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback so from you've said they can deep strike. :so_happy:
I must've been reading it wrong because if you take away the () things than it says that you can't. My bad

·
Executive Nitpicker
8,276 Posts
If you use the doctrine then yes. Otherwise, no.

Essentially you're putting them in an Imperial Burrower and surprising your foes with them.
Or you're attaching grav-chutes to them and dropping them out of high altitude transports.

Forgeworld has some rather nice sentinel models for their Elyssian Drop Troops. They;re a little more compact, so as to better fold down and fit inside the transports.

·
Registered
35 Posts
:so_happy:I told you a million times they could and I just gave up on you eventually. I decided that that was why your english mark was so low!

HaHaHa!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the feedback so from you've said they can deep strike. :so_happy:
I must've been reading it wrong because if you take away the () things than it says that you can't. My bad
Let's look at it witout the () stuff.

"Any Guard Infantry unit or Sentinel squadron may deep srtike if the mission permits."

Looks like they can with me. Besides the () stuff modifies the Infantry unit, not the Sentinel Squad. It just says that you can't drop a chimera out of an airplane and expect it to be intact when it hits the ground.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice guys i think i'll close this thread soon.

Have any you seen the sentinels that have eight spider-like legs. I saw some at my local games workshop and they were sweet. Just wondering if anyone has seen or knows how to build them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts