41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Obviously I was wrong.
Sorry Hobo.
I agree about the Thunderers.
Do you use both Salamanders during the same game?
I had thought about getting Oblivion a Salamander Command complete and the Scout autocannon kit and hoping he could swap them as required.
As you have both do you think this would work?
Need magnets?

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
No, you're correct..I do have a 1st Company Vet SM list..only 5 Vehicle-like models though, a LRR & LR and 3 Dreads. It's used mainly as a DP'ing Force in Apoc, so there's 8 Drop Pods as well. The TDA's, Land Raiders and Dreads in the list can double as a Death Wing list (3K).

My IG totals 13K (nowhere near you Guys) so I can field a standard Codex list, an Armoured Battlegroup (IA) list and an Armoured Company list. The Sallies are either used as the A/Fist Command Vehicle (HF one) and a Recon one (AC), or can be swapped for Chimeras easily enough..no-one in my regular group makes a fuss about silly crap like that, plus there's quite a few of us with large armies so our toys must be used:biggrin:

They're basically the same kit so no real dramas doing swapsies, although I don't bother..if I wanted 3 AC ones I'd just buy 2 more - HEY there's a plan:grin:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I wish you and your pals were closer than 10000miles away.
Big armies, lots of toys, BIG appocolypse now that would be fun gaming....:grin:

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hi
Thinking about big games with lots of models.
I thought you might like to see my Spearhead army.
I tried to work out the most evil force I could field in Spearhead using standard FOC.
I got it to come to 19700+ponts.
I hope it comes thru ok as its an excel file.
Spearhead Army
4 HQ Units Khan… bike squads as troops Castlemaine Forex…… Assault Terminator Squads as troop choices
6 Troops Units
3 Elite Units
3 Fast attack Units
3 Heavy Support Units
12 Spearheads

4 HQ Khan Forex Honour Guard(Forex retinue) Librarian Dreadnought Terminator Chaplain Dedicated Landraider
Troops 6 Bike Squads with AB's
Elites 2 10 man LC Devestator units Dedicated Transports 2 Razorbacks (LTLP)
Fast Attack 2 Grav attack sqds
Fast Attack 1LS sqds
Heavy Support 3 Predator Sqds 12 pred
Spearhead 1 3 Sabres
Spearhead 2 3 Vindicators
Spearhead 3 Assault Terminator squad in 2 Landraiders Dreadnought + 12 Vanguard in Storm Hawk
Spearhead 4 3 Razorbacks with LC Devestator Squad
Spearhead 5 3 Razorbacks with LC Devestator Squad
Spearhead 6 N/A
Spearhead 7 Dreadnought + 12 Vanguard in Storm Hawk 2 Grav attacks
Spearhead 8 2 Multi melta LS+ 1 Dual HFLS
Spearhead 9 6 Terminator squads
Spearhead 10 3 Thunderstrikes
Spearhead 11 3 LSTyphoons
Spearhead 12 Stormsword

Total 19716 points
CRAZY!!!
Imagine the move time, probably at most 3 rounds per day.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
For some strange reason my lot haven't embraced the Spearhead expansion..maybe it's too close to what we play anyway, so no point - don't know really.

Ha, it would need to be a gi-normous table, what with all your stuff. We have two
8' x 6' boards that we join with a third 4' x 6' board (so a H shape). We usually only play max 5K each and there's 4 playing. We do have other Boards, just no rooms large enough...and I don't play on floors:eek:k:

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
I don't really like Appocolypse, the formations become too strong.
To each their own aye:biggrin:..we don't run it straight out of the book anyway, we combine it with our own narrative/campaign games, and really when I say Apoc I'm sometimes just talking about large games...it's become a part of our natural language:laugh:

41 - 49 of 49 Posts