Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the 'relentless' rule work for Leman Russ tanks? Can the Leman Russ move and fire all weapons or is it like every other tank which can't move and fire it's ordinance weapon?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I't can't move and fire all weapons, but it can stay mobile and fire all it's weapons (including Ordinance)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
How does the 'relentless' rule work for Leman Russ tanks? Can the Leman Russ move and fire all weapons or is it like every other tank which can't move and fire it's ordinance weapon?
First of all, everyone can move and shoot Ordnance. No special rules required. What they cannot do is fire Ordnacne (moving or not) and fire another weapon as well.

As to your questions, I'm assuming you actually mean the Lumbering Behemoth rule?

Simply put, it allows the Leman Russ to fire it's main turret gun along with any other weapons it is allowed to fire, even if that main turret gun is Ordnance. Here's a chart:

Standing still, shoots everything, Turret (even if Ordnance), Hull, sponsons, pintles, doesn't matter. It can shoot everything.

Moved up to 6" (Combat speed). Can shoot one main gun plus any defensive weapons PLUS the turret main gun, even if it's Ordnance.

Moved over 6", nothing, zip nada, can not shoot. This ain't PotMS here.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks for the clarifications.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The downside to this is that instead of 12 inches for cruising speed, the Russ only gets 6 inches plus d6 inches.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
There's arguments for both so no 'one size fits all' kinda deal.

I keep my short-ranged Tanks (Demos mainly) sponsonless because they are easier to get tangled up in c/c, so are beter off been mobile. Then again I can put Plasma/Melta Sponsons on them and they make for good area-denial units.

Longer-ranged Tanks make great static firebases, so Sponsons are a better fit due to the amount of firepower they can put downfield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts