Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Señor Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings! I recently acquired some old Catachan/Imperial Guard bitz and bobs and was wondering if anyone knows what these things are or what they are for? Anything missing? What weapons (I'm assuming they're platforms of some kind)? I know what the painted guns are, but what are the unpainted bits? Thanks!

·
Señor Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot, do you have any front or side shots? I have alot of other bits to go through so I could find the missing pieces if I know what to look for. Thanks!

·
Señor Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have some more questions about what these are;

What are they a part of? Thanks in advance anyone who knows!

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
the big barrel is a griffon mortar, without its mounting.

the gatling gun looking thing, is an assault cannon from the bottom of a land speeder

the boxy looking thing is the storage box from a predator, the thing with the skull is the lid

and the thing that looks like a footplate I believe is a footplate from a land speeder

·
Señor Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Stella!

·
Registered
634 Posts
i though a ig query was a guardsmen that walked around in pink with martini's telling people either how "fab" they look in uniform or how much they love what they have done with their hair.apart from that i agree with the above post

·
Señor Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting...I wish I knew what came in what box and how they go together and what they actually are, very frustrating. The guy I bought them off butchered quite a few weapons. Bah.

·
Señor Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Just a few more questions..What are these weapons?

Updated image.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Can you get us a clearer image?

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
Left to right top. Catachan mortar loader. Catachan hw team auto cannon.(Same as the one in your first post.).Catachan hw team heavy bolter but the bipod belongs to the mortar as the heavy bolter used to be mounted on the small carriage like the others.

Left to right bottom. Catachan trooper. Mortar. Catachan trooper. I am pretty sure the first trooper is from the hw teams but not sure of the second.
There are some good old school models here. I am allways on the lookout for more of the older models as i do traitor guard. So i want lots of different salvaged weapons.
In the bottom of your first pic is an autocannon mounted on an advanced space crusade tarantula tripod. As well as a complete catachan mortar in the top right.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well, you got a mortar, an autocanon and an heavy bolter. AC and HB need the carriage you showed on previous pics. Mortar need some "legs" as you can see one on the first pic you posted.
And then, you got catachan heavy gunners : one for the mortar (the one with a shell in hands) and the two other are from a lascanon heavy weapon team.
Ah, and I guess there is also an heavy flamer that is usually weared by a catachan warrior on the first pic.

·
Señor Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks alot everyone, now I just have to figure out how they fit together.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts