Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I assign an IG Priest to a DH Lord Inquisitor regardless of his retinue? I have a feeling I can, but I want to make sure. I'm aiming to turn my LI and entourage into a potent close combat unit...

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Well I'm not a rules lawyer or anything but I know you used to take Heroes of the Imperium as allies in 3rd ed and that involved priests and that sort of thing. In friendly games as long as you have your opponents permission or it suits the fluffy feel of your army then that sort of thing would be hunky dory (obviously). You'd have to consort your codex and see if there are any FAQs online that answer your question if you want a more definite answer.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I can field the Lord Inquisitor as per the Daemonhunters Codex (paper edition, not the .pdf), but I don't know if I can attach a Priest to him.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's an IG army with a Lord Inquisitor ally (and a Vindicare Assassin, but that's besides the point).
I'm asking if I can specifically attach the Priest to the Lord Inquisitor's squad. Normally, the Lord Inquisitor is an Independent Character when alone, but he starts with a retinue of at least three. I want to field a Lord Inquisitor, his two Mystics and a Combat Servitor (and maybe an Acolyte for another power weapon), and an attached Munitorum Priest, but I don't know if ICs can be joined with him, since rules about him are a) from a different codex; and b) from a very old edition....

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Yes, you can. Any IC can join the DH Inquisitor's unit. So you could add multiple priests, a Lord Commissar, and any other ICs that you happened to have in the army, regardless of source codex.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts