-Multiple Rocket Pods

Wyvern - 80pts
-Camo Netting

Wyvern - 80pts
-Camo Netting

·
Registered
533 Posts
I like the tank commander with vanquisher and double executioner but I'd change a few things about the unit. Firstly I'd drop the hunter killer missiles from both executioners. The HKMs are quite expensive for only one shot and since you don't have heavy weapons in the infantry squads you could turn those one shot HKMs into autocannons on two infantry squads which can fire every turn from inside their metal boxes. I don't hate lascannons on executioners but if I were looking to save points for anything I'd take a look at keeping the heavy bolters. I think the vanquisher should definitely swap the plasma cannons for multimeltas. You get BS4 on those and since you'll be going for high AV targets or stuff like riptides and wraithknights where the blast doesn't really do anything for you the MMs seem better. God forbid anything get within half range of them and you have armourbane on both the turret and sponsons PLUS a lascannon! Even with BS4 I still wouldn't bother with the HKM here.

Next, I'd upgrade that tank commander to Pask. Preferred enemy so you can re-roll any 1's with the plasma weapons, twin linking on the vanquisher... it seems like a waste not having him. In the IG list I'm planning I've got Pask on a vanq with multimeltas and lascannon, and an executioner with plasma cannons as the other LR in the unit. If I wanted another executioner I'd attach it to that unit for the gets hot re-rolls.

Why valkyries and not vendettas? How about turning your second infantry platoon into two vet units (in chimeras with the meltas) and putting the points you save into upgrading the valks to vendettas? You aren't transporting anything in them anyway so they seem pointless

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Preferred enemy so you can re-roll any 1's with the plasma weapons
I started this thread in 6th just after the AM 'dex hit inquiring about just that. I am still of the notion that you are correct here...but there are people who think the opposite.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys. Thanks for your input.
I didn't realize that Pask was so good with executioners. :shok: So that is a definite include.
Also I didn't realize that the Chimera had 2 fire ports. I thought that only one model could use a special weapon from inside a chimera. :p So those got changed to Vets. Here is my updated list.

Tank Commander Pask - 605pts
->Vanquisher
-Melta, LC
-Executioner
-Plasma, HB
-Executioner
-Plasma, HB

Vets - 145
-Chimera, Meltagun x2

Vets - 145
-Chimera, Meltagun x2

Vets - 145
-Chimera, Meltagun x2

Vets - 145
-Chimera, Meltagun x2

Vendetta - 190
-HB

Vendetta - 190
-HB

Wyvern - 80pts
-Camo Netting

Wyvern - 80pts
-Camo Netting

I still have 40 points left. Any obvious ways to improve from here?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts