Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for such a stupid question but do you have to have two platoons for the list to be legal or just two troops choices? When I use Battlescribe it keeps telling me to add 1 more troops choice even though I have a 5 man platoon command squad, 2-10 man squads, a heavy weapons team squad and a special weapons team squad....

If this is correct you need a minimum of 50 troopers in any army, which seems excessive to me.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
You need two troop choices, everything you listed above is part of the same platoon and counts as only one troop choice. Taking a veteran squad alongside that would fulfill your two troop choice needs. (So in your case you need a minimum of 30 infantry plus your HQ. The lowest you can go is two veteran squads for 20 infantry.)

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
If the lord commissar fills up the mandatory HQ choice then yes, him and two vet squads are all you need.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
One Manticore per HS slot, as per the unit entry's lack of expansion option. For a comparison look to other unit entries where it has the points value for extra units (like the Wyvern).

Guard was tricky for me to get my head around as well brother, no stupid questions at all :drinks:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks I've taken almost a year off and it's hard to try and figure it out again. I really like the manticores but would lose 2 LRBT or my Hydra air support :( Decisions, Decisions. I could drop my LRBTs and a second scion squad to add a Knight...that's not a bad option :)

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
If the unit does not have the option to add multiple of it - aka make it a squadron - then it cannot.

In this case, manticores are single slot vehicles with no option for squadroning.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
I own a Manticore but face too much 3+ armour saves for it to do much without some dice luck and against Vehicles AP4 means you gotta roll some hard 6's *coughAdama'sfavouriteoddscough* to get multiple Immobilized results for a Wreck. Don't get me wrong this baby has massive potential, but I don't put it out often. I often play a pair of LRBTs to much success when they don't scatter.

Ultimately I feel like all collections grow to include at least a few options so go with what you think is the coolest at first. Even if you get steamrolled you'll do it with style :smoke:

·
Entropy Fetishist
4,249 Posts
I really like the manticores but would lose 2 LRBT or my Hydra air support
Well, if you have another HQ slot available, you could make one of those LRBTs a Tank Commander, freeing up an HS slot for the second Manticore.

As for Troops--like darkreever says, a platoon (no matter how many units are in it) only counts as one Troops Choice in your detachment. So a Veteran Squad is an example of a much cheaper, smaller troops choice than the minimum 5-man PCS + 2 10-man IS for 25 minis per platoon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.