Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Yellow King
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay first part to this post is... can you actually buy a punisher kit for the lemun russ because ffs i cant find one anywhere and i love the idea behind the punisher

also

this is crazy right if i try to buy a Lemun Russ from Games Workshop it costs me 83$ AUD

if i buy a forgeworld one it costs me 65$ AUD

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!

thought id check some otherthings aswell..

GW Basilisk - 83$
FW Armageddon Pattern Basilisk - 80$

GW Commissar Lord - 22-25$
FW Commissar - 16$

GW Ven Dreadnought - 74$
FW Ven Dreadnought (with arms) - 64$

still looking at stuff

if i buy a drop pod from games workshop its 55$ buy the same kit from forgeworld.. costs me 30$ AUD... wtf

·
4,491 Posts
okay first part to this post is... can you actually buy a punisher kit for the lemun russ because ffs i cant find one anywhere and i love the idea behind the punisher

also

this is crazy right if i try to buy a Lemun Russ from Games Workshop it costs me 83$ AUD

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!
Punisher and Executioner options are in the Demolisher kit.

Check out Maelstrom Games for cheap warhammer.
The exchange rate is awesomesauce for us Aussies. :drinks:

Leman Russes are about $40-45, compared to $83 retail.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts

also

WHAT THE HELL!?!?!

thought id check some otherthings aswell..

GW Basilisk - 83$
FW Armageddon Pattern Basilisk - 80$

GW Commissar Lord - 22-25$
FW Commissar - 16$

GW Ven Dreadnought - 74$
FW Ven Dreadnought (with arms) - 64$
Order from GW UK

GW Basilisk- 49$

GW Commissar Lord- 13$

GW Ven. Dreadnought- 42$

Shipping-14$

·
The Yellow King
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
dude i can buy a lemun russ for 46$ direct from forgeworld

so maelstrom is no cheaper than forgeworld.. but forgeworld are a part of games workshop
shows you how much GW are ripping us off in australia.

i know where to get cheaper warhammer.. im just saying like.. GW Aus are extremely overpriced.. and they recently had a 7% price hike.. like wtf.. your already charging us double RRP of the uk.. and you probably get it for 3/4 of the price of that.. its probably like 85% mark up.

·
4,491 Posts
dude i can buy a lemun russ for 46$ direct from forgeworld

so maelstrom is no cheaper than forgeworld.. but forgeworld are a part of games workshop
shows you how much GW are ripping us off in australia.
Its because of the exchange rate.

The value of our dollar increased significantly.

But seriously, they aren't going to DROP the price of everything just because of the exchange rate.

As a result, everybody starts importing instead, and GW Australia gets fucked like the whore it is.

I'd hate to imagine the sales figures in Australia. They would have dropped MASSIVELY in the last couple of years.

·
The Yellow King
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
mm nope its 48$ AUD from FW. and 83$ from GW for the exact same kits.

Its because of the exchange rate.

The value of our dollar increased significantly.

But seriously, they aren't going to DROP the price of everything just because of the exchange rate.

As a result, everybody starts importing instead, and GW Australia gets fucked like the whore it is.

I'd hate to imagine the sales figures in Australia. They would have dropped MASSIVELY in the last couple of years.
and yeah totally, i mean i know that GW were overpriced here but i just didnt realize how much.. and i havent bought from GW for a long time and i know with the way business works they arent going to lower their prices but the shit that pisses me of is that they had a recent price raise.. which is nuts if i was them i would just stay at the same price until the economy caught up (that is if they dont want to lower them) just crazy.. i guess though no matter how you buy warhammer/40k/lotr games workshop get their money at the end of the day.

·
The Yellow King
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
basic Lemun Russ kit. stock standard if you purchase from FW in the Games Workshop Kits section

·
The Yellow King
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i use wayland normally.. mm still alot cheaper though.. than if you bough from FW

(but thats crazy even if i buy from GW in the uk its still th emoest expensive)

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
yeah i use wayland normally.. mm still alot cheaper though.. than if you bough from FW

(but thats crazy even if i buy from GW in the uk its still th emoest expensive)
Aye but the reason for that is the 14$ shipping costs, I imagine the more you buy the more it would level out until it becomes cheaper than FW.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts